Advice Please.

/ Advice Please. #1  

Daryl

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30,, Kubota Bx2360
I asked a question on another forum the other day and did not get a lot of answers. I know nothing about ZTM. Any advice.

1. Scag 2008 model Turf Tiger 61 in cut 27 HP Kohler. $8995.
2. Scag 2008 Model Kaw liquid cooled 61 in cut $9650
3.Bad Boy 2008 model 6000 Pup series Pro 26 Liquid cool 26 HP Kaw 60 in cut EZ Ride system $8195
4. Bad Boy 2008 model 6000 Pup series 31 hp kaw air cooled 60 in cut$7295
4. Kubota ZD 323 2009 model 23 HP diesel 60 in cut $10500

Mowing 3 to 4 ac some hilly land.

Thank you

/ Advice Please. #2  
I asked a question on another forum the other day and did not get a lot of answers. I know nothing about ZTM. Any advice.

1. Scag 2008 model Turf Tiger 61 in cut 27 HP Kohler. $8995.
2. Scag 2008 Model Kaw liquid cooled 61 in cut $9650
3.Bad Boy 2008 model 6000 Pup series Pro 26 Liquid cool 26 HP Kaw 60 in cut EZ Ride system $8195
4. Bad Boy 2008 model 6000 Pup series 31 hp kaw air cooled 60 in cut$7295
4. Kubota ZD 323 2009 model 23 HP diesel 60 in cut $10500

Mowing 3 to 4 ac some hilly land.

Thank you

The kawi motor if it was taken care of will give you great service. Had a scag and an exmark with that motor in each. Ran both well into the 3000 hr mark without any major troubles. Personally i would take the one with the kohler...air cooled, simpler, fewer parts=less to break down. Unless you want to climb the side of a building, the 31 hp Bad Boy might be overkill for that size deck. never ran a diesel ztr...probably a lot heavier and overkill for a dedicated mower.

/ Advice Please. #3  
Daryl, Try to get test drives on each, then decide. Those are all great mowers, but some may handle your yard better. The Kubota will likely seem imortal, but all should last many many years for residential use. You will be amazed at how fast you get 4acres mowed with a ZTR. Is it mostly open lawn? If you have tress, gates orr other obstacles that your 60" deck won't get into you'll end up adding time with a string trimmer/other mower. Keep us posted, Brian

/ Advice Please.
I am getting ready to retire and I want to buy my last mower. Also the hills are a factor.I have one hill that is prob 40-50 degrees and 50 yards long by 30 yards wide. The rest are maybe 20 degrees. Just want to be sure ZTR can handle it.

/ Advice Please.
Keep hearing that the Scag is best on hills.

/ Advice Please. #6  
Can't help you on choice, but ask for a demo of each on your property so you can see which ones handle the hills best.

/ Advice Please. #7  
I am getting ready to retire and I want to buy my last mower. Also the hills are a factor.I have one hill that is prob 40-50 degrees and 50 yards long by 30 yards wide. The rest are maybe 20 degrees. Just want to be sure ZTR can handle it.

The problem is with a hill that steep, a ZT with enough beef to climb a 50 degree hill will tear out the turf as your tires dig in getting up the hill. Then you wind up with a raggedy looking slope.

Toro Sidewinder max slope = 28 degrees sideways, before it flips. I've been on more than one ZT where I had to bail out before I went over backwards, bank mowing in Florida. Just sayin'.

Do it with a Robin smaller straight boom weedeater. Seriously. Nice and light (with the guard removed). Your grass will thank you.

/ Advice Please. #8  
ZTR's don't like slopes.
they'll do it, but you'll slide a lot and eat your clutch pretty quick if you try to go across.
I'm not sure but with a 50 degree slope I wouldn't plant some sort of ground cover and/or wildflowers and ignore it.

/ Advice Please.
Started looking at Kubota BX2360. 23 HP diesel with 60 in belly mower deck. Small tractor and 4 wheel drive. This may be my best choice.