Troy Bilt Horse

/ Troy Bilt Horse #1  

MerlinJerry

I have joined this forum because I have an ailing TB horse. I have had it to a shop for belts jumping off and other minor problems. Shop mechanic replaced bearings on the shaft and saind the worm grear was good. It seemed to work okay for about two hours and the belts junped off the pulley. After replacing the belts, the unit worked for about five minutes and I noticed the pulleys had apparently slipped forward about one inch. The mechanic does want to work on the unit anymore because of the age and uncertqainties. I have found the identifying numbers on the crank case. TH1001 there is a plate with the number 5 and another number 189V and a forth number 1003H. Is there any hope for a "wanting to retire" shade tree mechanic to get this sick beast up and running properly? I have no idea as to where to start or how much trouble I am facing. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Troy Bilt Horse #2  
Hello Merlin! This is a long belated greeting (haha). Nonetheless, WELCOME and thank you for being a part of TractorByNet.com!

I have moved your thread to the General Lawn & Garden Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

Hope to see you in the forums soon!

/ Troy Bilt Horse #3  
Merlin, you will find a lot of good info on this site. I would like to point you to another source of info for Troybilts that I have found a lot of kindred souls on.

troybilttillerclub : TROY BILT TILLER CLUB - A place to exchange repair and parts Information

The owner of the group is Bill Rogers. He was one of the original Troybilt dealers and still does a lot of work on them. He is able to provide tons of NOS and is a treasure trove of helpful info. They have a files section with the lists of serial numbers for the original tillers and what years they were manufactured. Lots of shadetree mechanics in the group. Maybe one near you.