Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth?

/ Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth? #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
A neighbor is moving and may be selling his Yazoo Kees mower. I may want to buy it but have no idea what a fair price is. Here is what I know:

Yazoo Kees ZT Max
25 hp Kohler
61" cutting deck (I think)
Hours ???
Year: 2000 or 2001

It runs well and is well maintained. He replaced the spindles last year. He was using it on larger piece of property where he used to live but for the past 4 or 5 years he's only used it on his 1/2 acre yard (overkill but I guess he didn't want to sell it at the time).

I've looked around the internet but can't find much on used Yazoo mowers. Any idea what it's worth?

/ Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth? #2  
Fair kinda depends upon whether your sellin' or buyin'.

I don't recall if the ZT Max is considered a commercial, vs residential, unit, but your specs indicate it might be. Right now, brand new these things are around $8500. I've seen used units of that vintage, of other makes (no local Yazoo-Kees dealers), listed for $3000 - $4500 depending upon hours. For example, there's one dealer that has a 2000 Scag Turf Tiger with 2300 hours, new engine at 2100 hours, listed on their website for $3995. This one's been there for three years now. I know this because that's how long it's been since I was looking for a new(er) machine.

I had a few dealers tell me that the average expected life of varous components were:
1. Engine - 2500 hours
2. Hydros - 3000 hours
3. Spindles - don't recall exactly, but I've heard/read of commercial guys replace/rebuild every season

With used units commanding what I thought to be a high price, especially when considering there's no warranty, and most were darn near worn out according to multiple dealers, I bit the bullet and went new for about $7k (and no, it wasn't from a dealer who told me about the expected lifetime).

Last edited:
   / Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth?
Bought it. $2,200. It is a commercial mower. Not sure if it's a good deal but I'll get good use out of it. Only thing I wish it had is a ROPS.

IMG_1523-1.jpg

/ Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth? #4  
It's a good looking machine. I'm no expert on price, but it's my guess that got a very good deal.

/ Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth? #5  
Good lookin' unit, and I would say you got it at a good price. Try not to smile too much while you're mowing the lawn or your wife will think you're not working (not to mention you'll end up with grass in your teeth).

/ Used Yazoo Kees - what's it worth? #6  
What is the value of a used tm-22 yazoo?