Subaru small engines?

/ Subaru small engines? #1  

tom4018

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
Looking at pressure washers and see several around with the Subaru engines. One is a SP170 a overhead cam engine. Are these good engines?

/ Subaru small engines? #2  
I'm no expert but I believe they are pretty good little engines, a buddy of mine has a 7HP Subaru-Robin engine on a small dredge pump and I know it has hundreds of hr's on it with no problems.

/ Subaru small engines? #3  
I once had a job where i serviced small engines for a railroad contractor. They only wanted either Honda or Robin, they were equally good. They didnt want B&S or Kohler at all.

/ Subaru small engines? #4  
Years ago I worked at a rental yard and we replaced a lot of worn out Briggs and Stratton and Tecumseh engines with Robins. They seemed bullet proof.

/ Subaru small engines? #5  
Isn't there a boatload of problems with the Robins that Power Trac uses?

/ Subaru small engines? #6  
had one on a go-cart...really easy to start an no running problems at all.
heehaw

/ Subaru small engines? #7  
I have a cheap non-commercial powerwasher, Simonize I think it is called from Canadian Tire. It has a 5 or 6 h.p. Subaru (I can't remember and too lazy to go look) and it has a ton of long hours on it washing my dump truck everynight and it hasn't failed yet. Nothing but oil changes. Always starts first pull. If it's as good as the Subaru/Fuji engine that's in my Polaris Sportsman, shouldn't have any worries.