What to do with 2 old riding mowers?

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #1  

roadhawk

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC40D
I've got a 20 year old Lowes hydrostatic 42" with a Vanguard 14 HP V-twin and a 15 year old Craftsman 42" with 6 speed and a Kohler 14.5 HP engine.

I also have a 1 year old JD LA135 that gets all the use now so I don't need the other 2. Those 2 both need several things (some tires, batteries, belt, maybe a deck, blades, etc) and both have some other issues, but the engines are both working ok last time I tried them (and they have stabilizer in them so I'm 'hoping' they still are ok since it's been about 6 months since I've tried them).

Can anyone think of anything "fun" or functional that I could try to make out of them or should I just give them away to my local small engine guy who could use them for parts and maybe motor swaps?

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #2  
You could always sell them for a couple of hundred on craigslist. Or make racing mowers.
Dave

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #3  
I'd love the old sears if you were near by....

Have fun with them or sell them.....

Or ask churches/community centers if they know someone who could benefit from them. Retired/low/fixed income folks that could enjoy using them. Donations can be good for them and good for you if you are so inclined.

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #4  
Lawn tractor pullers.

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #6  
I would think that old mowers with well-known brands would be easy to sell in some local classified paper. You might also check with a volunteer fire department to see if you could donate them. They might resell them or use them around the station and you could have a nice charitable donation.

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #7  
I've found that parting out on eBay can be very profitable. For the larger pieces you can post pickup only. It is time consuming but the effort can be worth it.:cool:

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #8  
I seen some gal down the road pulling an old rider behind her newer mower offset in the manner you would a Swisher tow-behind.

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #9  
Roadhawk, you might check with your local schools-- either a high school or dedicated vo-tech school. Seems they can always use small-engine projects for students to learn on.

/ What to do with 2 old riding mowers? #10  
Can anyone think of anything "fun" or functional that I could try to make out of them or should I just give them away to my local small engine guy who could use them for parts and maybe motor swaps?

Gut the decks and make them into racing mowers. With two, you don't even have to find someone else to race! Always wanted one of those...

JayC