Country Clipper beware

/ Country Clipper beware #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Just a little vent after a long day.

First off, LOVE my country clipper (Charger 25 hp Kawa engine). 300 hours plus, few problems, joy stick is great, and the deck is bomb proof.

Got a great deal on it to boot and no complaints.

HOWEVER, if you buy a this brand of mower, ENSURE that you're getting it from a reputable dealer who is not going to go out of business.

First, the linkage rods broke a couple of months ago. No problem, they have a "stronger" kit to replace it with. However, they won't ship the parts directly to me, and I have to drive close to an hour and a half to a guy who I have to wonder who the heck he has working for him. Best bet after that is having to drive close to 2.5 hours east to a "good dealer".

Thier (country clipper) major problem is distribution. No one really knows the mower, and few "lawn mower" shops carry the line.

Again, love the mower, but hate the lack of dealers (guy I bought it from went out of business).

Just putting this up here in case someone does a search on the brand.

In hindsight, I probably would of went with the Scag or Exmark. At least there are dealers all over the place to take the mower to.

Waiting for the misses to get home to load the mower on the trailer WAY out back.

/ Country Clipper beware #2  
The auto repair shop across the street from me was a Country Clipper dealer just long enough to mow his yard with the demo about 5 times.

/ Country Clipper beware
Sad but funny and true.

What has me perplexed is that the mower really does a good job and as mentioned, I am happy with it, but you would think with the quality of the machine, and particularly with it's competitive price point in market, they would actually be able to develope a quality dealer base.

Perhaps they don't do floor planning and everyone else does, I don't know.

If I was lucky enough to live on the east side of the state, apparently I wouldn't have this issue:p

I'll probably take it to my buddys shop who apparently works on anything and I hear does very good work, to see if they can give it a go. They're only 20 minutes down the road.

/ Country Clipper beware #4  
I was seriously looking at them last year, but decided to spend more money for the Scag. I thought they looked pretty good, and had some great features for the money. I really liked the way they lift up the front deck to get to the blades.

The dealer is still in business, but since I went with another dealer, I don't know how that one would have been. Sorry to hear about your struggles the dealers.

Eddie

/ Country Clipper beware
I really liked the way they lift up the front deck to get to the blades.

I have their mulching kit (different blades and a cover for the discharge chute) which I love for taking care of the leaves (works great). Personally, think it's a great design.

Dad loves the mower as well due to how easy it is for his 70 plus year old arm to operate the machine.

As my wife told me, there are more important things in life to be concearned about.

It'll get taken care of, just more of a hassel then it should be.

As mentioned, just something for some people to be aware of before they make a purchase.

/ Country Clipper beware #6  
I have had a Country Clipper Charger since May 2009. The customer service department at Country Clipper is the worst. I started experiencing an engine sputter while under warranty in the fall of 2010. The Country Clipper customer service directed my dealer to take the mower to a Kawasaki repair center. We did this and after 3 different dealers and multiple visits the engine would still experience the same problem when returned to me. These attempts to repair were over a 6 month period. In an attempt to solve this problem and per my request for a replacement mower they spoke to my dealer about trading me out of the unrepaired mower. They did not keep their word and retracted this offer and stated that if I allowed the mower to go back to the Country Clipper factory in Iowa they would replace the engine, check and repair any other items and extend the warranty to cover 12 more months. I agreed to this. The mower went to IA but once it was there they reversed their decision to replace the engine and instead elected to repair it. However they did not have the parts on hand to repair it therefore they returned it back to SC to have it repaired at one of the dealers who was not able to repair it in the previous attempts. When I questioned them about why they did not honor what they promised and the customer service manager said there was nothing wrong with the engine which could not be repaired. I have never seen a manufacture ask for an item and then return it to a customer unrepaired. They are now blaming Kawasaki. I still do not have my mower back to me as it sits in a Kawasaki repair shop (under warranty).

/ Country Clipper beware #7  
I have a 7060 Kubota tractor, I wonder where I could find 2 front fenders for this tractor that would not cost an arm and a leg. Thanks Jim.

/ Country Clipper beware #8  
I have a 7060 Kubota tractor, I wonder where I could find 2 front fenders for this tractor that would not cost an arm and a leg. Thanks Jim.

You are asking a question about a totally different item and brand in a almost 4 year old thread. You might have better luck asking your question in the Kubota area.

/ Country Clipper beware #9  

Try the Kawasaki dealer down the street by the post office.