Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower

/ Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower #1  

Bolens 1050

Tractor
John Deere Model A 1952, Bolens 1050, Gravley model "L", Reel Mowers
I am in the middle of restoring a Vintage Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower. Does anyone have the correct paint colors for one,or pictures of one. I cant find anything on them.:confused:

Any Help Apprieciated, Thanks

/ Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower #2  
Bolens 1050
Google or Yahoo search for Eclipse mowers, Eclipse Hahn mowers. Something along this line and you should find what you want.
I walked many a mile behind an Eclipse Hahn reel mower.
Dale

/ Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower
thanks i will give it a try

/ Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower #5  
I too am in the process of a total restoration of an eclipse arlington reel mower and the correct colors are gold and green. The only green portions of it are a 1/2" band across the tops of the blades and the two flat bars that attach the mower assembly to the handle. Everything else is gold. The green that I chose is almost a forest green color. I went to my local Hardware Store and acquired some color sample tabs to match the colors as
close as possible to the original. Is your Arlington mower complete with all of
the parts to it? If so, hold on to that baby. Most of them are missing parts and believe me, they're impossible to locate. I got lucky and found one with all of the original parts on it. As to the History of these mowers, they were
built Post War (WW II) by the Eclipse Lawnmower Co. in Prophetstown, IL.
The Eclipse Factory has been closed for many, many years. Hope this info is
useful and helpful for you. Let me know if you need any further info.

I finnally got back on TractorByNet today and found you had replied to my post. The bad news is just before I read this I had just painted the Arlingon blue and gold.:mad: It looks pretty sharp although.:confused2: Thanks for the infornmation:D I will post a picture of it soon.

Last edited:
Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

• Eclipse Arlington 010.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 010.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Eclipse Arlington 005.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 005.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 619
  • Eclipse Arlington 009.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 009.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Eclipse Arlington 019.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 019.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 1,172
  • Eclipse Arlington 020.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 020.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Eclipse Arlington 021.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 021.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Eclipse Arlington 022.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 022.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 391
  • Eclipse Arlington 036.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 036.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 1,613
  • Eclipse Arlington 035.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 035.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Eclipse Arlington 034.jpg
    Eclipse Arlington 034.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 513
   / Eclipse Arlington Reel Mower #8  
Put me on the list of people restoring an Eclipse Arlington Ball Bearing mower. It was under the steps of a one owner 1926 Craftsman home I bought in 1973 and lived in until 2002. I always felt it was part of the house and vowed one day to restore it. I'm retired now and it's nearly done. Your input on color and approximate date of manufacture have been invaluable. After completely dismantling it, I used a very heavy solution of Sample Green to clean the parts. I was pleased to see traces of the original gold and green colors clearly! I also found green on all the bolt heads holding the chassis together as well as the wheel centers and blade edges. However, I found gold on the two flat brackets attaching the chassis to the handle rather than green. Also, I couldn't see any color on the cast iron bracket at the top of the handle. Was it gold as we'll? Thanks for listing-my wife asked if I was writing a book.

Last edited: