Dixie Chopper X Mark

/ Dixie Chopper X Mark #1  

araz33

Need to male a decision- I own 20 acres just west of Houston. House site 1 acre remainder in Jigs. Five acres in front of my house is in jigs and has oaks that are hard to get around in my Ford and shredder.

My wife would like to help out around the trees and cut the yard keep the shoulders of driveway cut and keep the fenceline along the farm road cut since the county doesnt come around as often.

Its between an X mark ($4499) 48" and a 60" Dixie Chopper ($4800.). Service being equal I would like to hear from anyone that has either one of these brands and hear pros/cons.

I know their are many choices but I am going to stay under 5K.

/ Dixie Chopper X Mark #2  
Run a Dixie 60' commercial for 8 years and god knows how many hours. I love it its much shorter than the exmark and I think wider so for turning theres no weight on front casters. Just a huge caution on any Z turn, never go downhill forward ,it will become a sled if enough grade. Hang a trac vac collection system and will it get the leaves. Actually another huge plus with choppper is the OCDC on the discharge,slam plate down and mulch leaves in fall untill they are dust.

/ Dixie Chopper X Mark #3  
I got a 44" x-mark for personal use about 8 years ago. It now has just over 1200 hrs.with no maintance cost except fluid and filters. So far a really tough machine.

amaxwell

/ Dixie Chopper X Mark #4  
I would recommend the Dixie Chopper, since I have used them for about 18 years. Both 42 in and 60 in. Right now, I am using a 60 in Flatlander Dixie Chopper, which is faster than the others. Do a search for Dixie Chopper on TBN, and the INTERNET. I have never heard any bad things about them. If you have a lot of leaves, then a Trac-Vac would be an asset.