Snook, Texas by way of the South Carolina Lowcountry
    Tractor
    Kubota B2920

Default soggy yard

My yard(which used to be a cow pasture) has a case of the soggy yard. I'm pretty sure that it's mainly from soil compaction(and being on the down-side of a hill). I think that a pasture renovator would be the ticket to help aerating the yard to help with my drainage problem. I don't know if there is anywhere around where I live that rent them though. A core aerator might also help out. I could always take a subsoiler to it, but I don't really want to tear up the yard that bad. Does anyone have any input to help me out some? Soil is mainly clay, and grass is a mixture of pasture grass with a small amount of bermuda. Thanks
    This old porch is just a long time of waiting and forgetting ...Remembering the coming back and not crying about the leaving. And remembering the falling down and the laughter of the curse of luck, from all those son's of bitches who said we'd never get back up"

~REK Jr

Kubota B2920 w/ FEL
    Box Blade
    Shredder
    Tiller
    Middle Buster

Tractor
    massey ferguson 1635

Default Re: soggy yard

all you need to do is use a subsoiler and make one pass every few yards were the water is puddling and then drive back over the spot with your tractor tire to smooth it out, ive used this technique with my cow pastures with good results.
    if you have checks, you have money.... right???