found a deal today

/ found a deal today #1  

DeNiro

Tractor
Kioti KL3054 / Iseki TL2100
I was looking thru craigslist last evening and I saw an ad for a DR Brush mower for $200 and it was just posted so I e-mail back with my number and figured it was a joke or at best it was junk. later he called me and said it he had many e-mails, but I was the only one that left a number. The mower was older, but in good shape except that the starter or the solenoid was thought to be broken. It also probably needed a clutch.
Drove 60 miles today to get it and it looked very good. Bought it, brought it home and just for kicks I put jumper cables on the battery and it turned over and the 14 hp Kawasaki came to life. So much for the starter problem.
Just called about the clutch and they are very proud of the part, but I think once all things are fixed and battery replaced I will have less that $450 in the mower and it seems to be in very good shape.

/ found a deal today #2  
Darn, missed that one!!! I can't complain... got my fair share of deals (maybe even a little bit extra). Do you have photos of it? We always love photos...

/ found a deal today
The deal wasn't quite as good as I had hoped, but still good. After working with the engine it would not start again and required a valve adjustment and a plug to bring it to top condition. The belt was wrong and I after replacing with the correct one, I found the clutch to be in need of replacing. A cable or two needed adjusting and lubricated and all is well. I replaced the battery with one out of my Harley and it really turns the Kawasaki engine well. All told the final cost is still well under $500 and the machine runs like new.
I did find the people at Country Home Products to be extemely good to work with and they knew the product well. I feel good about the deal. :D