ExMark Warrenty ???

/ ExMark Warrenty ??? #1  

TxGator

Tractor
Farmtrac 300DTC
So im looking at getting a ZTR mower this spring. My closest dealer is an exmark, and ive heard lots of good stuff about them, but, when i was in the store the dealer was really trying to push me on a commercial model. I dont think i need it. Im going to be cutting 3 lawns, one about 1 ac, one thats maybe 2.5ac. Plus maybe my own which is only about 1/3. I really dont need it for mine but if i already have it i may use it. Anyway, hes telling me that if i have duplicate warrenty issues within 30 days or so that they will "know" that im useing it for commercial purposes and not honor the warrenty. Im not useing it for commercial purposes, just taking care of family. Does anyone have experience with this? Im thinking that he was just trying to push me on the more expensive machine.

Gator

/ ExMark Warrenty ??? #2  
Hmmmm. Maybe if I have multiple warranty issues in 30 days you have rejects for mechanics, an obvious poor design, or your parts supplier is now getting parts made in Bangladesh. Find another dealer. These things probably have hour meters. A few hours a week is not a commercial application.

/ ExMark Warrenty ??? #3  
Are you referring to the Exmark Quest ZTR? That consumer mower has a 3-year warranty, but it's valid only for residential use.
"** Residential usage means use of the product on the same lot as your home. Use at more than one location is considered commercial use, and the commercial use warranty detailed below would apply."

The commercial warranty is 90 days on the engine and 30 days on everything else.

Here's the complete warranty: http://www.exmarkquest.com/pdf/quest_warranty_statement.pdf

/ ExMark Warrenty ???
Thanks, that explains a lot, Ill have to look into some other brands information. If they are all like that I guess ill just keep doing it with my tractor.

Gator

/ ExMark Warrenty ??? #5  
Thanks, that explains a lot, Ill have to look into some other brands information. If they are all like that I guess ill just keep doing it with my tractor.

Gator[/QUOTE

This type of warranty restriction is pretty common for consumer lawn/garden equipment, even walk-behind mowers. In theory, a lawnmower warranty claim could be denied if the dealer discovered that your kid picked up a couple bucks each summer mowing the neighbors' lawns. Most commercial equipment warranties are based on a defined time period that's much shorter than the consumer warranty, but allows unlimited use. I guess the theory is that a commercial user will put the same or more wear on a mower in 90 days that a homeowner will in 2 years. The dealer should be able to explain the warranty, and any restrictions, and if they can't a call to the manufacturer should straighten things out.