Garden Tractor Uses

/ Garden Tractor Uses #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have an older Craftsman 18HP twin cylinder garden tractor that I have retired from lawn mowing. It still runs good and I want to find other uses for it. I am thinking about purchasing a sleeve hitch for it so that I can use various attachments.

Does anyone have a Craftsman sleeve hitch and/or attachments that they would like to sell?

What attachments have you used with your similar size garden tractor?

Does anyone make a frontloader that would fit it?

What do you use your garden tractor for other than mowing grass?

/ Garden Tractor Uses #2  
A couple of ideas for your tractor. Take the deck off and put on the sleeve hitch. If you have some leveling to do you may consider the box blade. This works great with the garden tractors. Also you may consider the plow and/or harrow that also work off the sleeve hitch. Tillers for this tractor come as a separate self-contained pull behind unit. You might consider the snowblower (expensive but large) and the snow blade.
PJ

/ Garden Tractor Uses
I have removed the deck and have welded on a 1 1/4" received on the back. I priced a sleeve hitch ($150) and back blade ($205) at Sears. Do you have any experience with a sleeve hitch. I am not sure how one works. I have a shaft on the back of my tractor that moves back and forth when I raise and lower the mower lever. I assume that the shaft attaches to the hitch and then raises and lower it which in turn raises and lowers the attachment. If that is the case then I can think of a number of attachments that I could make to use with the sleeve hitch. Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

/ Garden Tractor Uses
pajoube - Forgot to ask about where one could purchase a box scrapper and other attachments that would work with the sleeve hitch other than Sears.

/ Garden Tractor Uses #5  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.northerntool.com/>NorthernTool.com</A> carries some sleeve hitch attachments, but I think you ought to modify that dude and enter into some garden tractor pulling contests. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Jim

/ Garden Tractor Uses #6  
Also try looking at www.agri-fab.com and www.brinly.com. Both make sleeve hitch attachments. They usually sell through places like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Also, I think some of the Sears stuff is re-branded Agri-Fab.

Kevin

/ Garden Tractor Uses #7  
A retired lawn tractor also good for the young ones to get a little seat time..gotta start somewhere. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Garden Tractor Uses #8  
Theres always lawn tractor racing.

/ Garden Tractor Uses #9  
Your correct about how the sleeve hitch works. Yes, you could make it work for other impliments.
PJ

/ Garden Tractor Uses #10  
The attachments that SEARS sells are made to SEARS specifications. In most cases it will be a little higher in strength. The same company makes same models for other retailers but with lower specifications. In the case of the box blade I don't think it would matter.
PJ