Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!!

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #1  

wrx2hrd

Just thought I would share some info with the good people of this site. My father purchased a new Country Clipper Zero Turn mower and this thing is awesome. Its a Commercial line mower, and man will it cut. Its has a 27hp Kohler with a 72" deck. The neat thing about this mower is, it is joystick controlled instead of the two leaver design that you see on most ztr's. There is 1 joystick on the right side that allows you to go foward, reverse, left and right. Your left hand is totally free the whole time you cut. This mower tops out at 23mph and it will mow through some tuff stuff and never bog the engine down. Just thought I would pass along my experiences with this mower. I know alot of people are buying the zero turns these days.

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #2  
I have had a Country Clipper Charger since May 2009. The customer service department at Country Clipper is the worst. I started experiencing an engine sputter while under warranty in the fall of 2010. The Country Clipper customer service directed my dealer to take the mower to a Kawasaki repair center. We did this and after 3 different dealers and multiple visits the engine would still experience the same problem when returned to me. These attempts to repair were over a 6 month period. In an attempt to solve this problem and per my request for a replacement mower they spoke to my dealer about trading me out of the unrepaired mower. They did not keep their word and retracted this offer and stated that if I allowed the mower to go back to the Country Clipper factory in Iowa they would replace the engine, check and repair any other items and extend the warranty to cover 12 more months. I agreed to this. The mower went to IA but once it was there they reversed their decision to replace the engine and instead elected to repair it. However they did not have the parts on hand to repair it therefore they returned it back to SC to have it repaired at one of the dealers who was not able to repair it in the previous attempts. When I questioned them about why they did not honor what they promised and the customer service manager said there was nothing wrong with the engine which could not be repaired. I have never seen a manufacture ask for an item and then return it to a customer unrepaired. They are now blaming Kawasaki. I still do not have my mower back to me as it sits in a Kawasaki repair shop (under warranty).

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #3  
Just thought I would share some info with the good people of this site. My father purchased a new Country Clipper Zero Turn mower and this thing is awesome. Its a Commercial line mower, and man will it cut. Its has a 27hp Kohler with a 72" deck. The neat thing about this mower is, it is joystick controlled instead of the two leaver design that you see on most ztr's. There is 1 joystick on the right side that allows you to go foward, reverse, left and right. Your left hand is totally free the whole time you cut. This mower tops out at 23mph and it will mow through some tuff stuff and never bog the engine down. Just thought I would pass along my experiences with this mower. I know alot of people are buying the zero turns these days.

I hope your Dad has a great time with his mower and has none of the problems others (reking and Sigarms) have had with theirs.

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #4  

I just looked at their site and none of their pictured "commercial" mowers with 27 hp are controlled by a joystick. Only their entry level "commercial" mowers are joystick controlled; their Wrangler and JaZee. All of their heavier built 'commercial' mowers pictured are controlled by the standard dual handles, with "The Boss" being their best unit. Also, I've not seen any speed over 11 mph for any of their mowers; and that's for their dual handle commercial mowers. For a joystick mower, top speed is 8 mph; considerably different than 23 mph! It sounds like some salesperson took a few liberties and made up quite a bit telling you that your mower is one of their commercial mowers and will go 23 mph. Who told you these things?

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #6  
The original post is more than a year old, guys.

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #7  
Are Country Clipper are really good? Is there anyone here have experience with them? I'm asking because there is someone, who is selling a country clipper to me and I don't know if I should buy it or not.

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #8  
Country Clipper mowers seam to be very good quality. I had a problem with the customer service department at the manufacturer. However, in the end, after 6 months they did replace my mower with new one. Now i am satisfied. I have Charger which is a commercial mower. very heavy duty. good design.

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #9  
I looked at Country Clipper when I was looking to buy a zero turn mower. They seem like a step above the entry level mowers you find at the box stores, but nowhere near as heavy duty as a commercial mower. I really liked the way you can lift the front end up and get to the blades. The joystick option seemed kind of gimicky. I'm told that once you get used to it, that it's alright.

Once I looked at the commercial mowers, like Kubota, Scag, Exmark and the others, there really wasn't any interest in Country Clipper anymore. At twice the price, they are more then twice the mower.

Eddie

/ Country Clipper - Cat Daddy Zero Turn!!! #10  
I looked at Country Clipper when I was looking to buy a zero turn mower. They seem like a step above the entry level mowers you find at the box stores, but nowhere near as heavy duty as a commercial mower. I really liked the way you can lift the front end up and get to the blades. The joystick option seemed kind of gimicky. I'm told that once you get used to it, that it's alright.

Once I looked at the commercial mowers, like Kubota, Scag, Exmark and the others, there really wasn't any interest in Country Clipper anymore. At twice the price, they are more then twice the mower.

Eddie

I agree. I wouldn't confuse one with a commercial mower. There again, I've seen guys in their pickups towing cheap utility trailers and using the cheapest riding mowers available trying to find mowing jobs. Personally, I think it would get old having to replace your mower a couple times per season. And, BTW, those are not Country Clipper mowers I'm talking about. I'm talking $600 riding mowers.