john deere f525 dies

/ john deere f525 dies #1  

tractorman14

I have a john deere f525 ztr mower it has a kawasaki motor that has always run great but lately has had some problems it starts right up and runs fine but after about 5 minutes of mowing it just dies all of a sudden you can sometimes get it started by choking it again but it just dies again iii've checked all visible fuel lines but none were clogged. can anybody help?

/ john deere f525 dies #2  
If you're convinced that the problem is fuel starvation, change the fuel filter first. If that doesn't correct the problem then check that the fuel pump is working correctly. Also, insure that there isn't an obstruction in the fuel tank.
Good luck.:thumbsup:
Jim

/ john deere f525 dies #3  
My f525 acted up like this when I started to use gas with ethanol in it. The alcohol disolved some of the fuel line which caused an air leak at the filter connection. Mine seems to run ok now despite the fact that the filter seldom is more than 1/2 full. I also pulled the fuel pump off and cleaned the diaphragm. Finally I blew some air (breath) back into the tank from the fuel line at the filter to clear out any crud. I have a lot of pine trees on my driveway and the branches had a way of twisting off the fuel tank cap. Then pine needles got into the tank ! That was its very first problem. You can always feed the motor from a spare tank with a gravity feed to see if the pump or the tank lines are a problem. I've had this mower for 20+ years and can't seem to kill it.

/ john deere f525 dies #4  
I had the same symptoms with my F525 - at first I thought it was an over-heating problem but having read this thread I checked the vent line from the fuel tank and removed some crud from the open end, blew the line clear (need to remove the filler cap to do this) and now it seem to run ok again. I also find the the fuel filter never seems to be more than 1/2 full. I should probably take a look inside the tank as I'm sure there is crud in there also but ... if it ain't broke as they say ...

/ john deere f525 dies #5  
can one of you help me with the wiring on f525 need to know what colors go where