What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start?

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
I have seen so many ZTR names names come up in the last couple years, that it boggles my simple mind. Just trying to get an idea when the maker of your brand of ZTR started production. Ken Sweet

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start?
you are in the lead with 30 years. Ken Sweet

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #4  
I have seen so many ZTR names names come up in the last couple years, that it boggles my simple mind. Just trying to get an idea when the maker of your brand of ZTR started production. Ken Sweet

Ken,

I have a Bad Boy ZTR. They are relatively new, having been established in 1998 according to their web site.

I am amazed by the number of ZTR manufacturers. I recently drove by a dealer carrying Country Clipper ZTRs, a new one to me.

There have to be some healthy margins in the business, given the increasing number of manufacturers. I think that increasing competition will reduce the margins and force some firms to fold or merge with stronger firms.

I'm hoping that Bad Boy will be one of the survivors.:)

Steve

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #5  
Ken,Grasshopper has been around since 1970. russ

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #6  
...I am amazed by the number of ZTR manufacturers. I recently drove by a dealer carrying Country Clipper ZTRs, a new one to me...
Country Clipper has been around since 1984. For some reason, they don't have an extensive, or at least vocal, dealer network, hence your unfamiliarity with the brand. I didn't know anything about them until I was looking for a new mower 5 years ago.
A History of Innovation

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #8  
   / What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start?
What about Exmark, Scag.Woods and all of the rest. We are looking for a second tier of mowers to compliment of Dixon ZTR's. Ken Sweet

/ What Year did your ZTR Mfgr start? #10  
Exmark = 1982
Scag = 1983
Ferris = 1986
Great Dane = hard to say (website isn't specific), but I'd guess mid to late 80's when they started making ztrs
Bob-Cat = 1975

As I dug around on the various manufacturer's sites, the thought occurred to me that while they might have started building commercial quality mowers in the years they claim, chances are those were walk-behind, and 3&4 wheeled out-front riders. ZTRs all came later.