tired of pushing a mower and need to upgrade to riding mower. I need advice!

/ tired of pushing a mower and need to upgrade to riding mower. I need advice! #1  

oldtractorfan

Hi everybody I am new to this, I do not own a tractor although I used to use one as a kid, it was a 1940's ford from what I remember and loved it.

Some may think it is ridiculous to buy a riding lawn mower for .34 acres of grass but I am tired of push mowers, the time it takes to cut, and now the fact that I may have a permanent limp to my leg that was crushed and torn ligaments and tendons in April.
No joke it took me over 2 hours to mow the darn thing with my problem.
Other reason for wanting a riding mower.... because they are cool!

Oh and I plan on using it for snow removal I do have long stretches of walkways and driveway. Blower vs. plow? Price? Does Kubota have attachments?

I do have a budget but the option to finance a Kubota or JD are available making it easier to buy one.

Reviews for JD X300 seem a bit negative with trannie issues and starter problems.

Reviews for Kubota 1880 and 2080 are high.

Is this to big for what I need it for? I just want something that will last FOREVER and get the job done as fast as possible. My grandfather has a riding mower with 5 acres and has had it for 40 years. Runs like a Swiss watch.

The only reason why I am looking at the X300's and Kubota's is I figure the "beefier" model will last longer. I like buying things one time. If I have to buy another one sooner, I look at it as "why the heck didn't I just buy the better model in the first place".

In terms of price I do have a budget. Kubota offers a 0% APR financing which makes it more appealing for monthly payments. I would prefer to buy American but the funny thing is JD has a kawasaki engine and Kubota I think has an American made? Am I wrong on this?

Are their other reliable brands out there that someone could steer me to?

Thanks for your help!

/ tired of pushing a mower and need to upgrade to riding mower. I need advice! #3  
IMO, if you want to go to the head of the line, and get the best out there...look for a JD 425 (or 445, 455) 54" deck AWS with 400-600 hours for about $3000 (more or less). It is a lot of tractor, well worth keeping in repair, and an inverstment you won't lose over the years.

/ tired of pushing a mower and need to upgrade to riding mower. I need advice!
thanks everybody

/ tired of pushing a mower and need to upgrade to riding mower. I need advice! #5  
How much and what type of snow do you get and how much to clear as well as access?:)

Asking this as a blade on a small mower tractor may not work in many cases.:)