Mower Tricks

/ Mower Tricks #1  

ky8t

Tractor
Kubota BX-2230
Modern mowers like my JD ZTR with all the electrical interconnects make it tedious to get off to do something in the yard. So I carry one of the little folding grabber devices on my mower to pick up trash like beer and soda cans out by the road, small limbs, and even my hat when it blows off. Also my part of the world is infested with fire ants, and I carry a jug of fire ant bait on the mower deck to douse a mound when I run across one. The jug is an old GAIN laundry detergent jug. It has a nice big cap that is easy to remove, a large internal spout that make pouring easy, and a side handle that permits pouring with one hand. Since I do not like to use a string trimmer, I also carry a jug of Roundup with integral sprayer handle to kill grass next to buildings and other places that require edging.

Anyone else have any tricks to share?

/ Mower Tricks #2  
!2 volt cigarette lighter receptacle for those 12 accessories. Work light, battery charging, plug in voltage checker, 12 v sprayer. rear boom sprayer.

/ Mower Tricks #4  
when I first got my JD ztr I sure did some tricks for a few minutes: unintentional wheelies, donuts in the yard, looking for a brake pedal and doing more donuts, and best of all loading it on the trailer in front of everyone at the JD dealer. I was a regular side show, but now I don't even think about it.

/ Mower Tricks #5  
Pocket backhoe for pulling those stumps you run across when you mow.