Walk behind self propelled lawn mower recomendations

/ Walk behind self propelled lawn mower recomendations #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
We are in need of a walk behind self propelled mower in the 36" or bigger category. I used one some time ago, a Toro that was so, so. The problem it had was the control of the turning via tensioning the belts by a pivoting bar. Awkward at best. Any comments about brands you have used and can recommend?

/ Walk behind self propelled lawn mower recomendations #2  
I use Country Home Products' DR Field and Brush Mower. I have the 15 HP model with both a 26" brushcutter attachment and a 42" mower deck attachment. I also have the 6KW generator attachment. I have had mine since 2002 and have over 600 operating hours. Now, larger engines and wider brushcutters are available. If you don't need the brushcutter, I think you can buy it with only the 42" mower deck.

/ Walk behind self propelled lawn mower recomendations #3  
Are you looking for a self propelled lawn mower or a commercial walk behind. The lawn mower your only going to be able to get in a 21" width. If you want a 36" width then you'll have to step up to the commercial walk behind and those can be a few thousands, but there are real work horses. Any offering by any of the big commercial brands such as John Deere, Scag, Exmark, Wright, etc., are all good pieces.

/ Walk behind self propelled lawn mower recomendations
Yes, I'm looking for the large self propelled, individual wheel drive for steering. Toro (I think they also own Exmark), Scag, Walker, etc. I expect they will be at least $3000.

Are you looking for a self propelled lawn mower or a commercial walk behind. The lawn mower your only going to be able to get in a 21" width. If you want a 36" width then you'll have to step up to the commercial walk behind and those can be a few thousands, but there are real work horses. Any offering by any of the big commercial brands such as John Deere, Scag, Exmark, Wright, etc., are all good pieces.