Blockbuster Firewood Processor

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in? Does anyone know anything about these processors. I was looking into getting a small one like the Blockbuster Model 14-12. They use an 18H 64cm harvestor bar and chain to do the cutting. I'm wondering how long they last? I know it will depend on type and cleanliness of wood, but I will be using it for maple and am wondering how much maintenance is involved with these processors. Also, what about fuel useage? This model has a Briggs 31 h.p. V-twin, the next model up has a 35h.p. 4 cylinder Kubota diesel.

I see other companies use a saw blade instead of the bar and chain and they say they are good for 500 cords before they need to be sharpened. Not sure on the pricing of these units though.

Thanks.

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #2  
I don't know about blockbuster in particular but I have priced out a hud-son of that size (the smallest that they make) and it was 24,000:confused2: I had no idea it would be that expensive

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #3  
I recently watched/ran a 14-12 work. The machine was one of their eairly ones and had a 25hp Kholer engine on it. I thought the saw ran a little slow cutting a 16in Walnut log. You could stall the chain by applying to much pressure on the hydraulic leveler. Definately need to develope just the right "feel" to operate properly. Splitter seemed fast enough. Log Dia also seemed to small for what wood I would normally cut, not sure actual capacity, guessing around 18"-20". Log deck seemed light duty, but this machine was several years old and the deck wasnt bent up, so I guess just barely adequate.

Called Blockbuster, they wont sell any parts to us doityourselfers unless they have the serial number off of the machine that they sold, and the owners name must match the serial number.

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #4  
I too am looking at a used Blockbuster machine. I just called the Company and they do sell parts to anyone. The capacity of the 14-12 is 14" dia. so a 16" would bog it down a bit.

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #5  
speaking of fire wood processors, check this video out! maybe you guys have seen this before, but this one caught my attention. looks like it wouldn't cost to much (if you already have the right sized skid steer/tractor) and i think easier to use.

Yahoo! Video Detail for Fastest Meanest Chain Saw in the World

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #6  
Ihave blockbuster 15 20 it has 18 in bar with a four cylnder john deere motor. It stalled out two or three times ajusted presser to cylinder now works grate. It is made to cut 15 in logs but have cut 18in . Hav not had any trouble with it . Ihave had a total hip replacement may be selling it . Have a old ear corn elevator that work off the hydrlics would sell with it.

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #7  
speaking of fire wood processors, check this video out! maybe you guys have seen this before, but this one caught my attention. looks like it wouldn't cost to much (if you already have the right sized skid steer/tractor) and i think easier to use.
Over $25,000

Ken

/ Blockbuster Firewood Processor #8  
Hi 319jim, I am considering getting a firewood processor like your Blockbuster. If you still have it maybe we could make a deal if you are still considering selling. My phone # is (six oh 5)-5 six 9-zero 5 one 6. Thanks, Linn

Last edited: