Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing

/ Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
My 36" snowblower belts blew up at the end of last season - I finally put the new ones in yesterday, but had to guess at the routing and tensioner/spring placement (memory isn't that good) - it rolls OK, but something doesn't look quite right to me. I think it is the same as before, but I got it used last year, so who knows what a PO might have done. The tensioner spring on the big pulley has about twice the stretch as the one for the little pulley - seems weird as they are identical springs.

Anyhoo, if anyone is familiar with the Snapper blowers, please check out the attached pics and let me know if it looks correct. A link or manual page that shows correct routing would be great too.

Thanks much - JayC

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    743.7 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    702.6 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    544.4 KB · Views: 1,142
   / Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing #2  
Hi! By pics I think may be your new belt is too long. I dont know. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing #3  
I'll try to remember to check mine tomorrow and take a photo of it. The tractor froze down 2 yrs ago and when I went to move it, tore up something in the rear end. It moves but with a lot of grating and grinding.

/ Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing
I'll try to remember to check mine tomorrow and take a photo of it. The tractor froze down 2 yrs ago and when I went to move it, tore up something in the rear end. It moves but with a lot of grating and grinding.

Thanks - appreciate it! ANd yes, the belts sure do look too long - but that is Snapper specification (assuming the shop sent me what I ordered). There is clearance everywhere, and the driven belt tension is on the straight sections, so maybe it is supposed to be that way, as crazy as it may sound.

JayC

/ Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing #5  
Jay,
Sorry I didn't get back yesterday but we got home late. It does look like you have the routing correct and your photos are much better than mine, but here it is, hope you can see it.
Smiley

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
   / Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing
Jay,
Sorry I didn't get back yesterday but we got home late. It does look like you have the routing correct and your photos are much better than mine, but here it is, hope you can see it.
Smiley

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Alright then - I'm ready for the snow. Bring it on!!

JayC