mow and vacs ?

/ mow and vacs ? #1  

greenthumb

Silver Member
Tractor
tc40, exmark lazer Z
does anyone have one of those agri-fab mow and vacs we can get them at TSC and lowes around were I live they are priced at $920.00 curious if people have used them and what are there thoughts. on other products which maybe more expensive

/ mow and vacs ? #2  
greenthumb,

No I don't know aboutmow n vacs, but I have been investigating several options for my Cub Cadet 1811 (twin cyl 18HP hydro w/44" deck). What I came up with after a lot of looking around were three options;

1. install a rear bagger setup - no vac system - not what I wanted as it is not efficient for leaves in quantity
2. looked at the belt driven vac setup from the mower deck - looked good but no adaptor for a Cub
3. Investigated the tow behind systems - TracVac, Cyclone Rake, and more. Bought a TracVac 580 $1600.

This was not the cheapest setup Cyclone rake is $1400 but is a nylon bag setup with zipper - zipper gets clogged w/debris then fails eventually.

So I went the tracvac route with a tow behind steel cart and aluminum box holds about 40 Cu Ft materials. Also this cart can be used for a cart only by removing the 5.5HP vac setup. It also has a 12' wand attachement for doing the beds.

Another reason for going this route is all the landscapers and commercial guys are using tracvac on their units so Ifelt they must be OK.

They make smaller units using 40 Gal like garbage bins too for less $$ around $1300.

If you have a lot of trees and area to clean up like beds and such this is the best way to go. What I do is blow the leaves from the plantings then mulch them down first by mowing the leaves then vac them up, makes for better compost that way and fewer dumps.

Good luck