Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #11  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Lawn & Garden Forum.

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #12  
Just to share more T422D info. I was given one last year that had a 61" cutting deck mounted. I got it serviced, up and running. The electrical system had been butchered by prior owners and I am trying to correct. I have deleted the fuel shut-off solenoid (which had been rewired) for a cable shut-off as it would start up every once in a while stuck in full throttle-scared the day-lights out of me. (I now have a brand new solenoid that I don't need if anyone wants it.) I found a 72" deck on craigslist that bolted right up and mows real nice as long as the hydrostatic is fully engaged (uses a bungi cord). Anyone know why the valve creeps back? Now we have a large pool completely surrounded by grass and trees so I have to pick up leaves and clippings. I found a cyclone rake xl on craigslist and am going to attempt to tow it- should be fun. I am hoping to have a good season working it and not on it....

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #13  
Hi, I am very happy with my old and worked hard Jacobsen T422D with a Kubota D950 Diesel engine & 72" front deck (re-built and hot dip galvanized).

I need a source for a Jacobsen Turfcat 422d 72" Cutting Deck Belt, its the Hexagon sides belt and even if someone knew the belt size/length or generic belt size would be great.

I'm in Australia, but can buy from anywhere if the price is right.

But as I say even just some information would be appreciated.

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #14  
Hi, I am very happy with my old and worked hard Jacobsen T422D with a Kubota D950 Diesel engine & 72" front deck (re-built and hot dip galvanized).

I need a source for a Jacobsen Turfcat 422d 72" Cutting Deck Belt, its the Hexagon sides belt and even if someone knew the belt size/length or generic belt size would be great.

I'm in Australia, but can buy from anywhere if the price is right.

But as I say even just some information would be appreciated.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2783214-post2.html

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #15  
Stay away from Jacobsen dealers because they charge overly excessive top dollar for everything (they are owned by conglomerate Textron - who thinks everyone is a US Government agency - they also make and market the Cessna airplane line and defense systems to the military).

You say this like its a bad thing. When Jacobsen was flirting with going out of business in the late '80's, Textron was the one & only last hope to keep Jake in business. Yeah, Jakes are expensive and some of the parts can be a bit over the top but I've found them to be within neck to neck on prices of JD equipment.

And... Textron is the parent company of General Dynamics which makes the F16 which I flew for 15+ years in the Air Guard.

And... I've owned a number of Cessna aircraft over the years.

If not for Textron, I think we'd be a lot closer to speaking Chinese than what we currently are. :laughing:

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series
Hello. Sounds like you have a good thing going with your spare parts plan. I have a t244d 2wd. cuts clean and sips fuel. no real problems yet but I always worry about busting something and no parts. Do you have any mail order places for parts? I need disc brake pads. What kind of snow blower do yo have? I'd love to find something that could be adapted. Have some pictures? thanks and welcome. ;-) ed

Have made a lot of progress in the last 3 years doing this.

Rad Technologies is a big supplier for a lot of OEM attachments. Rad Technologies makes, for the last 20 years or so, a quick connect adaptor. Easier to find these used (20 years of a design is a long time). Took the parts list from Rad Technologies and a Qucik Connect / Disconnect male adaptor I purcahsed to a local welder - and had him weld up the ends to fit mounting onto the Jacobsen.

To start, you could buy a brand new Qucik Connect / Disconnect male adaptor from a Kuboata dealer. I bought a new one from a local Kubuto Dealer and a used one from from a John Deer Dealer - and obtained several on used Jacobsen machines already. Now have four functional male adaptors in use.

Having done this - all of the Rad Technology stuff (in the OEM colors of Kubota, John Deer, Aliens, Massey Furgasson, etc.) are use-able, provided these are fitted with the mating female portion of the Quick Connect / Disconnect adaptor.

Be careful - there are a couple of different size configurations available out there. I have two different size combinations in use now.

Once you have done this - you can use the Kubota rotary broom, dozer blade, or snowblower (all fitted with the female adopter of course) and any other OEM selling Rad Technology manufactured stuff. You can get creative and seemingly adapt anything using available female adaptor.

Now have a fleet of 28 used Jacobsen machines. As people dump these machines, can pick up good units for merely a song.

Essentially Kubotas given the engines and attachments - but built stronger and now available at less money. Also use a lot of commercially avaiable ENGLISH unit spare replacement parts.

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series
Revised earlier post

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #18  
Hey, I just joined TBN and saw your old ad. I have a 422D Turfcat that I want to sell for parts. The 21.5 HP Kabota Diesel runs great, but the transmission has problems. I also have a 72" hydraulic deck as well. So I either need a transmission and transfer case, or sell the unit I have. I also have a 436G turfcat that runs great. Interchangeable parts with the 422D.

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #19  
Are you still interested in selling your T422D? I need replacement deck..... Price for unit?

/ Jacobsen T422D TurfCat II Pro Series #20  
Yes...$2000 for deck and unit. Thanks for responding.