Tifblair Centipede Grass

/ Tifblair Centipede Grass #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
Anyone have any experience with this grass? Centipede is kinda iffy or has been here in central Arkansas due to possibility of cold Winters. The Tifblair supposed to handle the cold better and germinate faster. I like the option of this over the normal bermuda that is here. Also, some have warned against centipede because of more disease than some other grasses. Going to need around a 100 pounds of seed so definitely will have a project ahead of me when our house gets finished.

Can I mix some annual rye grass in and plant earlier?

/ Tifblair Centipede Grass #2  
I don't know one Centepede from another. Here, they plant Centeped with bermuda. The bermuda germinates and fills in quickly, while the Centipede takes several years. Eventually the Centipede will choke out the bermuda, and you are left with an all Centiped lawn. I have some around my pond and it very slowly coming in.

Rye is too short of a seaon grass to do anything. You have to plan five years for Centipede.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Tifblair Centipede Grass
Thanks, the bermuda/centipede combo sounds like a good one for here as well.

/ Tifblair Centipede Grass #4  
I was just wondering if anyone has used this grass (TifBlair Centipede) since this last post and if so are they happy with it? We need to seed this spring especially in areas around our pond and want something that does not require a lot of fertilizers due to the pond. Can you share your photos of it and provide any helpful hints for prep, germination and long term maintenance (which I am hoping it is low mtnc as claimed). Thanks!!!