Seeking opinions on Lawn Tractors ~$2500 CAD

/ Seeking opinions on Lawn Tractors ~$2500 CAD #1  

Dave5264

Gold Member
Tractor
08 Montana C5264, 2011 McCormick CX100 XS
Hi Folks, interested in your opinions on new lawn tractors, Im looking to spend $2500 Canadian + or -

I currently have a 15yr old Mastercraft 16.5 hp (MTD) with the vtwin briggs. Been a good mower, but its time is almost up.

I actually bought a John Deere D140 this weekend and took it back for a refund (never got it off the Trailer), the Hanger brackets for the deck snapped in transit, theyre made of a very weak pot metal - disgusted that it would break easily (smooth roads and a careful driver), I assessed this a potential indicator of quality and decided to re think my selection.

Im going to look at the Cub Cadet 42SE (?) V Twin engine 20hp, 42" deck

any others worthy of consideration ?.

Im mowing ~4 acres, there are slopes, uneven ground, trees etc. and it gets driven by several family members, not all of who'm are careful so it must be well built

I want something that will last the 15 yrs my MTD has lasted.

/ Seeking opinions on Lawn Tractors ~$2500 CAD #2  
I was going to tell you to avoid the entry level John Deere units but I see you already found out. I bought an LA140 in August of 2007. It has less than 100 hours on it and the tranny is JUNK. I'm still amazed that John Deere even considers putting their name on those things.

/ Seeking opinions on Lawn Tractors ~$2500 CAD #3  
You may want to visit the Lawntractorforum I think it is run by this site.......

/ Seeking opinions on Lawn Tractors ~$2500 CAD
OK, thanks, will do