Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight?

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
My wife is asking for a gasoline weed eater. So like a good husband who hates to run a weed eater I am looking for one that will be a joy for her to operate.:) She has tried using my brush cutters and would only use it for a few minutes and complain of the vibration hurting her. I was thinking of a light weight curved shaft that is of good quality. Opinions needed.:thumbsup:

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #2  
Get one with a shoulder harness to carry the weight. Much more comfortable on the back.

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #3  
Electric... Either battery or with cord? Probably the best option for reduced vibe.

I have a honda 4stroke. Its pretty vibration free, but its relative i suppose.

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #4  
Try out an Echo. I have found them to be light weight and not a lot of vibration. I get years of trouble free service out of them as well. My MIL bought one a couple years ago and likes it very well. We use strait shaft and have not tried an echo curved shaft. I also always get them from a local authorized dealer rather than lowes/home depot and always use the echo brand oil in them.

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight?
Get one with a shoulder harness to carry the weight. Much more comfortable on the back.

That is a good idea. I will add that to the requirements list.

Electric... Either battery or with cord? Probably the best option for reduced vibe.

I have a honda 4stroke. Its pretty vibration free, but its relative i suppose.
Do they make a good battery operated weed trimmer? That would be great. I don't think a electric one would work though because of the area is to large.

Try out an Echo. I have found them to be light weight and not a lot of vibration. I get years of trouble free service out of them as well. My MIL bought one a couple years ago and likes it very well. We use strait shaft and have not tried an echo curved shaft. I also always get them from a local authorized dealer rather than lowes/home depot and always use the echo brand oil in them.

I will check into the Echo weed eater and who sells them in our area. Thanks

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #7  
Do they make a good battery operated weed trimmer? That would be great. I don't think a electric one would work though because of the area is to large.

Toro makes a cordless as does B&D. Im sure others do as well. Cant speak to durability as i havent owned one.

A straight shaft would be easier to operate, adjust the handle for her where it's almost balanced when she is in the working position. She will love it and so will you! Most individuals leave the handles where they were when purchased not knowing any better, when properly fitted to the user, a straight shaft weed-eater is so much better!:thumbsup:

I have a straight shaft and she will have no part of it. I tweeked and adjusted trying to make it a go because I wanted it to work worse than she did. :(

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #9  
I'll second the Echo. I have an old orange GT-2101 I liked so much I bought a new GT-200R. Both curved shaft, lightweight, and the 200R starts if you look at it hard. Echo has some name for it, EZ Start or something like that.

/ Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight? #10  
I have a straight shaft and she will have no part of it. I tweeked and adjusted trying to make it a go because I wanted it to work worse than she did. :(

Are we still talking about the weed eater?