Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight?

My wife is asking for a gasoline weed eater. So like a good husband who hates to run a weed eater I am looking for one that will be a joy for her to operate. She has tried using my brush cutters and would only use it for a few minutes and complain of the vibration hurting her. I was thinking of a light weight curved shaft that is of good quality. Opinions needed.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Weed eater which one is low vibration and light weight?

Get one with a shoulder harness to carry the weight. Much more comfortable on the back.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Electric... Either battery or with cord? Probably the best option for reduced vibe.

I have a honda 4stroke. Its pretty vibration free, but its relative i suppose.

Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1970 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

Try out an Echo. I have found them to be light weight and not a lot of vibration. I get years of trouble free service out of them as well. My MIL bought one a couple years ago and likes it very well. We use strait shaft and have not tried an echo curved shaft. I also always get them from a local authorized dealer rather than lowes/home depot and always use the echo brand oil in them.
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Get one with a shoulder harness to carry the weight. Much more comfortable on the back.
    That is a good idea. I will add that to the requirements list.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Electric... Either battery or with cord? Probably the best option for reduced vibe.

I have a honda 4stroke. Its pretty vibration free, but its relative i suppose.
    Do they make a good battery operated weed trimmer? That would be great. I don't think a electric one would work though because of the area is to large.

Quote Originally Posted by TnWV View Post
    Try out an Echo. I have found them to be light weight and not a lot of vibration. I get years of trouble free service out of them as well. My MIL bought one a couple years ago and likes it very well. We use strait shaft and have not tried an echo curved shaft. I also always get them from a local authorized dealer rather than lowes/home depot and always use the echo brand oil in them.
    I will check into the Echo weed eater and who sells them in our area. Thanks
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Do they make a good battery operated weed trimmer? That would be great. I don't think a electric one would work though because of the area is to large.

Toro makes a cordless as does B&D. Im sure others do as well. Cant speak to durability as i havent owned one.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
    A straight shaft would be easier to operate, adjust the handle for her where it's almost balanced when she is in the working position. She will love it and so will you! Most individuals leave the handles where they were when purchased not knowing any better, when properly fitted to the user, a straight shaft weed-eater is so much better!
    I have a straight shaft and she will have no part of it. I tweeked and adjusted trying to make it a go because I wanted it to work worse than she did.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MT372

I'll second the Echo. I have an old orange GT-2101 I liked so much I bought a new GT-200R. Both curved shaft, lightweight, and the 200R starts if you look at it hard. Echo has some name for it, EZ Start or something like that.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    I have a straight shaft and she will have no part of it. I tweeked and adjusted trying to make it a go because I wanted it to work worse than she did.
    Are we still talking about the weed eater?
    Tim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast