john deer fuel pump

/ john deer fuel pump #1  

cabrerac

"I have a John Deer LX 279 Lawnmower The fuel pump is spiting fuel through a small hole directly in front. This shouldn't be happening, any suggestions??? The mower woldn't stay running unless it was on choke, but now it seems to running fine.... except fo..."

/ john deer fuel pump #2  
Sounds like the diaphragm is leaking. You'll need to either replace the diaphragm or the pump. Finding a replacement pump should be no problem - about $35.

Jim

/ john deer fuel pump #3  
I agree with Jim Thompson's post about your problem, but I'm not sure about the replacement prices.

Here is where you can find the John Deere parts and prices.

When you enter your model number, use LX279 without the space!

A JD replacement for your fuel pump appears to be $129. I couldn't find a separate price for just the diaphragm.
You may find some 3rd-party replacement parts much cheaper at other places. Look up the part on the John Deere site, then Google the part number. Be aware that the 3rd-party replacement part may not be quite the same quality as a genuine John Deere part.

/ john deer fuel pump #4  
I agree with Jim Thompson's post about your problem, but I'm not sure about the replacement prices.

Here is where you can find the John Deere parts and prices.

When you enter your model number, use LX279 without the space!

A JD replacement for your fuel pump appears to be $129. I couldn't find a separate price for just the diaphragm.
You may find some 3rd-party replacement parts much cheaper at other places. Look up the part on the John Deere site, then Google the part number. Be aware that the 3rd-party replacement part may not be quite the same quality as a genuine John Deere part.

Ted,
I think that only a few companies make those pumps so its quite likely that the exact replacement pump is available through Rotary or Silver Streak. The pump would also probably less if purchased from a franchised source for the engine manufacturer.

Jim