Know what this ground cover is?

/ Know what this ground cover is? #1  

Zick

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX 2350
I went to Alaska just recently and in their forests is a ton of this neat looking ground cover plants as I would call it. Trying to find out what it's called cause I'd love some of it around our place.
It's the green (obviously :D) stick looking plant, and not the ferns.
DSC04921.jpg

/ Know what this ground cover is?
I think you may be right, but these have their stems/branches coming out at a 90* angle from the main stem where the Horsetails in your link are at an upward angle.

But doing a google search on Horsetails does show a few pictures that are close to this.

Thanks

/ Know what this ground cover is? #4  
I was in Alaska once. If that ground cover was there it was under ice & snow. It was -17 one morning.

Sorry that was no help - Your mention of Alaska brought back frozen memories.

Oh believe me I know all too well, I was there in winter once and never again! It just so happened to be during their coldest week for the season too, around -25 and -50 windchills. :shocked:

/ Know what this ground cover is? #6  
Hi........That does not really look like the Horsetail we have in Ontario but you should be aware that Horsetail weed is poisonous to livestock.

/ Know what this ground cover is? #7  
Looks like young cypress weeds......get the sprayer out......

Hi........That does not really look like the Horsetail we have in Ontario but you should be aware that Horsetail weed is poisonous to livestock.

No worries here, don't have any livestock. :thumbsup:

Looks like young cypress weeds......get the sprayer out......

No way, I love the look of this stuff. One mans weed is another mans flower I guess. :laughing:

/ Know what this ground cover is? #10  
It is horsetail and you can come on over and get all you want, tough to get rid of once it gets going.
Rick