Using garden tractor implements

/ Using garden tractor implements #11  
Although when I put out a garden, I plow and disk with the larger tractors, all cultivating is done with a David Bradley 2 wheeler. When it gets too tall for the Bradley, I break out the single wheel Choremaster. Sure beats a hoe in the row centers... And... I have 26" rows using the Bradley. Kinda' like micro farming, and less sunlight once veggies get so tall shading out most weeds. At least the sweetcorn.

Dug out 2, DB 597.300 1 row seeders I bought years ago, and hope to get one in working order by spring.

I don't get to ride, but it's good easy exercise... I've got them where they will idle down to a crawl, and don't have to run after them...

Many people collect them. We've been "using" them since 1954. :thumbsup:

/ Using garden tractor implements #12  
...One day I would like to add a front loader. Any thought or suggestions on that- where to buy, what to look for?...

If you plan to build, look at the P.F. Engineering site I linked to before. There are other plans sites out there, but the P.F. Engineering loaders seem best suited to these smaller garden tractors.

I don't know of any current manufacturers of mini loaders. Johnson Workhorse made a few different models back in the day. There are still a few out there, but they're hard to come by. E-bay has a few at times. You'll probably be money ahead to just build your own.

/ Using garden tractor implements #13  
The best garden tractor in my opinion is the John Deere X748.

It's small enough to mow and fit into tight spaces, but it's also pretty beefy. It weighs something like 1,300 pounds with no fuel and no rider. Add the weight of fuel and your average rider, I am sure you could hit 1,550 pounds or maybe a little more depending on your weight.

For a garden tractor, the X748 can push some pretty good size piles of gravel or dirt.

The downside, it's $13,000.