What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground?

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #1  

KubotaB7510

Tractor
Kubota B7510
Approx once a week I'm finding a bright yellow patch of 'stuff' on the ground behind my deck. It suddenly appears overnight. After a day or so it turns brown, then gets moldy. I have also seen it appear on some bark mulch and once in awhile on a couple different rocks in the area. It always appears in or about the same relative area - but not the same exact spot. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but we do grow some yellow summer squash in our garden. We usually throw the 'bad ones' into the woods nearby. My wife thinks it may be animal vomit after eating the squash. I have no idea. Has anyone experienced/seen this before?
6073096724_0423a7ed8f_z.jpg

6073096728_e72d240c21_z.jpg

6073096730_c0c1e9aa81_z.jpg

6073096742_247aa1ec52_z.jpg

6073096734_ab35399c56_z.jpg

6073096740_71e191ce84_z.jpg

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #2  
Because you said by your deck, and the photos look dark, is this area mostly shaded? Does it stay damp? Does it get 5 hours or less of direct sunlight a day?

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #3  
I have this stuff growing in my yard occasionally. It grows in a part of the yard that is mostly shaded when the ground is damp. I assumed it was some type of fungus.

Vic

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #4  
that's that it looks like to me.. some sort of fungus.

go put a droplet of tinactin on it next time you see it pop up.. see if it don't kill a spot around it within a few hours.. :)

soundguy

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #7  
Slime mold. Hmmm. I wonder, would that work in flat tires?

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #8  
We got that same stuff at our place for the first time this year too. Weird looking stuff.

/ What is this bright yellow stuff on the ground? #9  
well something different, we just get the fungus or mushrooms.?