Intek I/C 9.00 Engine Won't Start

/ Intek I/C 9.00 Engine Won't Start #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
I put a brand new B+S Intek I/C engine on my wood chipper last year, got everything installed and pulled it over a couple times and it was running great. Shut it down and brought it to where I was going to use it, pulled it over and it fired right up and ran like a top. 10 minutes later the engine just stopped, no bang, no sputter, no cough just stopped like you turned off a key. It wouldn't restart. I've been trying to get it going again so I could use it now, no dice...tried to adjust the valves and no dice...sprayed a bit of WD-40 in the plug hole and fired it up...it started after 5 or 6 pulls and ran great....I shut if off and it won't start.

I tried readjusting the valves but still got nothing....I'm really starting to dislike B+S....my Honda, Stihl and Husqvarna engines all fire up in the first few pulls....the B+S with less than 15 minutes of total run time will flat wear you out tugging on the cord and still not start. It's got fire and 60+ lbs of compression (my tester isn't sealing too well on that deep recessed spark plug hole) I've already cleaned the carbs and fuel is going to the carb...although after trying to start it the plug is dry.

Anybody got ideas?

/ Intek I/C 9.00 Engine Won't Start #2  
It sounds like a carb problem. There is probably still an obstruction in the fuel nozzle/ main jet if you indeed have fuel in the bowl. It doesn't take much debris to affect those carbs.

Jim

/ Intek I/C 9.00 Engine Won't Start #3  
I would agree with the main jet in the nut that holds the carb bowl on has a piece of debris stuck in it. Shut off fuel flow remove the nut on bottom of bowl and clean and reinstall the nut. If you are careful it can be done without removing the carb bowl.

/ Intek I/C 9.00 Engine Won't Start
I'll try cleaning the main jet again tomorrow if the weather allows. :thumbsup: