Stihl Section?

/ Stihl Section? #1  

Grant1994

Hi guys I'm just posting to say that I think we need to get a stihl section going on here because a lot of people including myself have a lot of questions about there products and it would be nice to have all the stihl related posts in one location... Anyways just my thoughts :)

/ Stihl Section? #3  
Hi, not to promote another forum here but this one is not competition for tractorbynet so I think it's ok. The best place for info about Stihl, Husqvarna, etc, and all things chainsaw and other small equipment that I have seen is arboristsite.com. Enjoy.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/

/ Stihl Section? #4  
Hi guys I'm just posting to say that I think we need to get a stihl section going on here because a lot of people including myself have a lot of questions about there products and it would be nice to have all the stihl related posts in one location... Anyways just my thoughts :)

Have you checked out the chainsaw section?

/ Stihl Section? #5  
Arboristsite is a great forum for all things chainsaw and firewood, I have been there for years. However there seems to be a fair number of requests for information about Stihl products here and I think it would be a good idea to have a section for Stihl only. I admit I am biased in this opinion.

Steve

/ Stihl Section? #6  
I think it would be a good idea to have a section for Stihl only.

I guess we disagree.

I already think we have too many overlapping sections.

I dont even pay attention to sections, I just browse the "todays posts" at the top.

So if someone has a stihl chainsaw question, where should they post?? Chainsaws? or Stihl?

If I would like to share pics of my weekend project of fabbing up a hydraulic grappel on my kubota, where should I post?
Pictures?
Kubota forum?
Projects?
Customization?
Hydraulics?
Build it yourself?
Welding?
Attachments?

See the issue. That is why I just browse through "todays Posts", because there are SEVERAL forums that I enjoy. And I think most members here are the same way.

Personally, I just feel adding a stihl forum wouldnt do any good. Where would we stop? A husky forum? Dolmar? Echo? Mac? Redmax?

/ Stihl Section? #7  
I see your point and I have never looked at the "Today's Posts" section and it sounds like a good idea. My thinking is if someone had a specific need for Stihl information that would be a good place to post it. It might reduce guys posting the response, "get a 7900 Dolmar", like they seem to do on the other site. It could possibly reduce the amount of thread hijacks, maybe? If there is a demand for other specific thread locations for Dolmar, Husky, McCullogh, Wright, Homelite, etc. let them have their locatoin as well.

Steve

/ Stihl Section? #8  
It might reduce guys posting the response, "get a 7900 Dolmar", like they seem to do on the other site. It could possibly reduce the amount of thread hijacks, maybe? If there is a demand for other specific thread locations for Dolmar, Husky, McCullogh, Wright, Homelite, etc. let them have their locatoin as well.

Steve

That is just wishfull thinking. In reality, it wouldnt happen. Because guys like me that dont pay any attention to what section it is in, will post anyway. Hijacking or not.

And I am one of the ones that say "get a 7900". Why, plain and simple...IMO, it is the best saw in the 60-85cc class for the money.

And I will even post that IF it were a stihl ONLY thread. Because there are too many brand loyal people out there that dont realize that the grass IS greener on the other side. And far too many of those "die hard" stihl users have never even heard of dolmar. But I can only advise that they try one out before dropping that $900 on an inferior MS440/460 or a husky 372xp

/ Stihl Section? #9  
OH believe me I have heard of Dolmar saws, I think they are good, and have a good reputation. The only problem in my part of the country there are no real dealers. There might be a place within 50 miles or so that has a sign out front and can order you one but no parts and not much in the way of a real service department. I would really like to try one sometime, I am sure they are great, but they are an orphan here. I hear that the 7900 might have a EPA problem here in the US now, better get one while you can. You tried a 441 M-tronic yet? They say they are the cat's meow! I might sell my standard 441 and get me one.
Regards,

Steve

/ Stihl Section? #10  
I've also suggested a B&S section in the past with no luck. It seems to me that so many machines, especially ride-on and push mowers use B&S engines that it would make sense to try and bring all the B&S questions and answers into one section. I see the same B&S engine questions asked time and again in various different ride-on 'brand' sections.