Round Up in Ontario

/ Round Up in Ontario #1  

whiskywizard

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK20S HST
I like Round Up but I'm not thrilled with buying it in 5L pre-mix pump bottles. Does anyone know if/where/how I can buy it in concentrate in Southern Ontario?

Thanks

/ Round Up in Ontario #2  
whiskywizard said:
I like Round Up but I'm not thrilled with buying it in 5L pre-mix pump bottles. Does anyone know if/where/how I can buy it in concentrate in Southern Ontario?

Thanks

Unless you are a farmer, golf coarse owner, with the proper chemical license, ain't gonna happen.

/ Round Up in Ontario #3  
Try looking at your local farm and feed for generic Glyphosate (41%) concentrates. The stuff I buy here is called Remuda. Costs a lot less.

/ Round Up in Ontario #4  
Unless you are a farmer, golf coarse owner, with the proper chemical license, ain't gonna happen.

Sounds about right.

Forestry, farms, row maintenance can apply it by the ton... but the homeowner.:mad:

In the states pretty much anyone can go in and buy concentrate. Why cant we here? its only Glyphosate. Not toxic.

/ Round Up in Ontario #5  
At the local Canadian Tire they keep it locked up behind a steel grille. I asked why and was told the gummint says so.

/ Round Up in Ontario #7  
Sounds about right.

Forestry, farms, row maintenance can apply it by the ton... but the homeowner.:mad:

In the states pretty much anyone can go in and buy concentrate. Why cant we here? its only Glyphosate. Not toxic.

Good question:"Why cant we here?". The same like alcohol, just from LCBO and Beer Store. We are in a "red communism country" were everything have to be controlled by the "red guys". Why the gas/diesel/tractors, etc. are more expensive here compared with the US? and other why, why, why??? You will have a chance to change this on October 6.:confused:

/ Round Up in Ontario #8  
rogerius said:
Good question:"Why cant we here?". The same like alcohol, just from LCBO and Beer Store. We are in a "red communism country" were everything have to be controlled by the "red guys". Why the gas/diesel/tractors, etc. are more expensive here compared with the US? and other why, why, why??? You will have a chance to change this on October 6.:confused:

Yupp oct 6!!

/ Round Up in Ontario #9  
You will have a chance to change this on October 6.:confused:

Yupp oct 6!!

Maybe you guys in Ont :laughing: Were stuck with the NDP for a long time....

Plus pesticide regs are federal. I think some true pesticides need to be restricted... too toxic.. but Glyphosate? you can drink the stuff.

/ Round Up in Ontario #10  
Maybe you guys in Ont :laughing: Were stuck with the NDP for a long time....

Plus pesticide regs are federal. I think some true pesticides need to be restricted... too toxic.. but Glyphosate? you can drink the stuff.

No, they are provincial. The Liberals (MCGuinty)did this a couple of years back... Golf coarses got a total exemption. Not sure why??