Kubota ZD mowers

/ Kubota ZD mowers #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
Looking at the Kubota ZD21 mower to replace our old worn out Dixon ZT. I did a search of this site but came up empty handed. Does anyone out there have a Kubota ZD? What are your experiences with the unit. I know the diesel motor will be a big plus, but I am intereseted in hearing about the drive train and mowing abilities. Thanks!

/ Kubota ZD mowers #2  
Don't have one so don't know how the different brands compare, but I'm sure noticing more of the Kubota ZD being used by the commercial operators in the area, including two yesterday.

/ Kubota ZD mowers #3  
The nice thing about Kubotas ZTR is the transaxle is one self contained unit (there is no hydraulic pumps with gear motors at each wheel-thus eliminating belts and pulleys).. The Kubota also has a drivesahft to the mower deck. The only belts are for the alternator-water pump and on the deck to drive the blades. An excellent choice.

/ Kubota ZD mowers
Bird and Bob
Thanks for the replies. The wife and I went to the Kubota dealer and test drove a ZD21, we now own one! We should get it delivered on tuesday. This is one impressive mower and comes standard with a folding rollbar and seat belts. They are expensive, but not when you wear out mowers every 3-4 years. A noncommercial mower will not stand up to all the mowing we have to do and the L 4610 is too heavy when the ground is soft. I will try to post a picture of the mower in the next day or two.

/ Kubota ZD mowers #5  
Congratulations! I'll bet you love that. I've not used a ZTR personally, but from watching several at work, that looks like the only way to go if you really have a lot of mowing to do, especially if there's a lot of maneuvering involved.