Can I cut this with a lawn tractor?

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #21  
it definitely appears that you have a game plan. Best of Luck. Another piece of advice. Dress for the weather and bring plenty of liquids and food to eat. It may take longer than you anticipated.:tractor:

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #22  
Oh no! Not the whole 30 acres. Only about 15 of it is to be cut. I know that is a whole lot and I'm not always going to do it with a lawn tractor. I would eventually like to get a tractor and a 6' brush hog. then I can just use the lawn tractor for around the house and along the drive.

thanks
Austin

Go ahead an try it. Keep it high and go slow. If it gets too rough stop.

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #23  
Austin: You do realize that even mowing 15ac. of the 30 its gonna be a while on a "lawn tractor". My guess is over 3 days just to mow it one time. Average lawn tractor has what like a 39in deck and your going into hostile enviroment there. So just dont be surprised if you get done and the lawn tractor is toast. Good luck in your adventure.

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #25  
I started out that way over 30 yrs. ago with a little JD lawn tractor cutting what pasture we had then when we first bought the farm ..probably about 8 ac. cleared at that time..I put the deck as high as it would go and had at it and cut it every month or so...just don't let it get too high...I did that for a year or so and then bought a Ford Jubilee with a 5 ft. bush hog and life was better...then more land clearing and building and more tractors..take your time...God Bless

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #26  
Just might want to walk over it a pick up sticks or big stuff before. You gotta do with what you got sometimes. Like brin said, don't let it get too high.

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor?
Thanks guys. I really appreciate everyones help. I will report back on how it went. I will start out just by mowing beside the drive and a couple of spots we always like to walk. I will also do an acre or two where the house will go. That should clean it up a bit. Since I'm getting the mower for free, it shouldn't take me too long to save up for a decent tractor and BH.

thanks
Austin

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #28  
Thanks guys. I really appreciate everyones help. I will report back on how it went. I will start out just by mowing beside the drive and a couple of spots we always like to walk. I will also do an acre or two where the house will go. That should clean it up a bit. Since I'm getting the mower for free, it shouldn't take me too long to save up for a decent tractor and BH.

thanks
Austin

That land in that area is really hills and hollows. Good luck. Go slow.

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #29  
A free mower is great. I think your plan to save for a tractor and BH is the best way forward. I think if I was looking at $1k for a mower I would find anyway I could to add some more money and get the tractor. I did a lot of work on my place with only a garden tractor and trailer for 2 years but once I got the tractor it was like a new beginning. I don't know why I waited. BTW, people really like front loaders.:D Keep that in mind as you look for a used piece of iron.

/ Can I cut this with a lawn tractor? #30  
15 acres on a lawn tractor is going to feel like he!!. Rent something meant for the job, or hire it done.

If that vegetation has a lot of water content, and the dirt is dry and dusty; you will end up with a peat like mess that will clog up that deck in no time.

You have a lot of trees as obstacles to go around and that will slow you down too.

Save the lawn tractor for touch ups.