Kolpin 3 Point Hitch vs. Johnny Products sleeve hitch

/ Kolpin 3 Point Hitch vs. Johnny Products sleeve hitch #1  

grievek

I have a garden tractor and I am debating between adding a Johnny Product Sleeve Hitch or a Kolpin Cat 0 3 Point hitch. Has anybody any comment or experience with either? I know the Johnny poducts are quality built, as I have the plow and the bucket and I like them both. I really want to know if any has mounted the Kolpin Cat 0 3 Point system to their garden tractor, and if any could comment on the sleeve hitch versus the Cat 0 Hitch? Thanks!

/ Kolpin 3 Point Hitch vs. Johnny Products sleeve hitch #2  
I can not speak to the Kolpin three point, but i just ordered a sleeve hitch set up for an sltx1050 cub cadet and i can tell you that it is built and engineered very well. John at Johnny Products even went to extra mile to get the sleeve hitch to me asap...they build these hitches as they are ordered. John built and shipped me the hitch the same day i ordered it as i needed it as quick as possible.

/ Kolpin 3 Point Hitch vs. Johnny Products sleeve hitch #3  
I picked up a used Kolpin 3 point hitch for my JD X485. Had to do some modifications to get the 2" hitch receiver support that I wanted. With some trial and error finally put together a solid receiver platform with a little help from a welder friend. Well pleased with the result. Is it any better than Johnny Bucket design - not sure. I am a big fan of Johnny bucket products owing a Johnny bucket front loader myself. Great product. Picked this Kolpin 3 point up for less that the lift cylinder would cost alone. So figured I could not loose. Will say the Kolpin is no John Deere 3 point hitch. Maximum lift for the Kolpin is 250 lbs. versus 450lbs. for the hydraulic John Deere unit. But for my needs the Kolpin seems to work fine.