Sprayer won't pump

/ Sprayer won't pump #1  

HiTech Redneck

Hi! I have a Shurflo 8000-543-236 12vdc pump on a 14 gal. spot sprayer.The pump motor runs but will not prime.I have had the entire pump apart a number of times & it is clean with no obstructions that I can see.Anyone had this type of problem or advice on how to repair? Thanks for any ideas you may be able to provide!!

/ Sprayer won't pump #3  
Same thing happedend to me with my 55 gallon 5hp sprayer.ran great but wouldn't pump.. found the hose at the bottom of the tank (intake) has a strainer in it I didn't even know about.it was clogged up .

/ Sprayer won't pump
Thanks for your replies! I'll check all the hoses & report back if I have success.

/ Sprayer won't pump #5  
I've had to disconnect the inlet side of the pump and used a hose to blow back the line to clean the strainer while the tank was full. Cleaned the screen when empty. Also on new pumps you may find pieces of plastic in the pump itself.

/ Sprayer won't pump #6  
I've had numerous Sure Flo pumps over the years.
I've rebuilt a number of them but by far and away the best thing to do is just trash it after
2-3 yrs and just buy another one.
By the time you factor in the cost of new parts, S/H fees and your time invested in an old pump....

Just pay the man the money he wants for a new one. It's 12v DC. Small and cheap.

That's what I use for work around the house.
In the field I use the 3 pt pump. on the back of the tractor.

/ Sprayer won't pump #7  
i used these pumps for years the pump in the pic is about 14 years old i agree go get new one about $140.00 here make sure you clean the pump out after ever use. DSCI0003.JPG

/ Sprayer won't pump
Success!!! Finally got the time to check the hoses.Applied air pressure to intake hose from tank.Didn,t really see anything discharge from it,but when I tried it everything was flowing good!Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply!! Time for a cold one to celebrate!! Don

/ Sprayer won't pump #9  
glad you got it going i have 4 of them pumps and when they run dry and it takes long time to prime it's not long till replace it the biggest thing for me is cleaning they seem to last a long time

/ Sprayer won't pump
glad you got it going i have 4 of them pumps and when they run dry and it takes long time to prime it's not long till replace it the biggest thing for me is cleaning they seem to last a long time
Hi! I think I probably didn't flush it out after the last use & paid for it with all the trouble I had this spring.Have to put this experience in my memory bank & try to avoid another problem in the future.Thanks again for your input!!