Removing oil from underside of pump/engine mounting deck

/ Removing oil from underside of pump/engine mounting deck #1  

bigsnowdog

Tractor
Deere 5500 Kubota L245DT, Ferris 3100
I had a pump seal fail on my Ferris 3100 zero turn, causing a fair amount of oil to be spread across the underside of the deck upon which the pumps are mounted. It also got the pump belt oily. I need to clean all of those surfaces and the belt prior to assembly.

I don't have a pressure washer. I bought some cans of brake cleaner, but then decided I don't want to risk damaging the paint. I have some Purple degreaser, but no pressure washer. Currently the machine is inside in a place where I am not convinced I want to shoot garden hose water because it would run all over the floor.

The machine is currently blocked up for the repair. Taking it down and moving it outside would be a major challenge, so I would avoid that if possible.

Has anyone here used something like this Purple degreaser and simply wiped it off? Would that damage the paint?

Any handy tricks you have used?

/ Removing oil from underside of pump/engine mounting deck #2  
If I had to clean something like that off without using a hose or large amount if water, I would use Simple Green. In my opinion it seems to clean everything and hurt very little. Just spray it on the surface and wipe it down. The belt might be touch and go. Too much oil and it's likely to need replaced soon. The brake clean would probably work though. You might try it in a small area underneath to make sure.

Chuck