Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #111  
I am considering the R322T. I want to pull a disc, is this rated for ground engagement? Is the transmissions maintainable? Is the Briggs motor good?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #112  
I can't really answer your questions. Briggs makes good engines,,, and poor ones. But I just ordered this machine from our locale dealer and like to hear from users as well.. The dealer had sold some of these but didn't stock this model but they'd bring one it if we'd like to see it.

I am considering the R322T. I want to pull a disc, is this rated for ground engagement? Is the transmissions maintainable? Is the Briggs motor good?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #114  
I went to this site which has a 158 page thread, concerning these mowers. So I Read a few of the opening pages, a few in the middle, then the last few pages and could not find anything that was overly negative. 158 pages of chat is just to big to search through.

Here is a link to a thread on another tractor site that discusses the R322T.
The thread has over 2300 posts on it, and started back in August 2012.
Some very good info for anyone thinking about getting a R322T.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/64-husqvarna-dixon/250230-husqvarna-rider-322t-awd.html

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #115  
I went to this site which has a 158 page thread, concerning these mowers. So I Read a few of the opening pages, a few in the middle, then the last few pages and could not find anything that was overly negative. 158 pages of chat is just to big to search through.

There were some bulletins that Husqvarna released that addressed oil leakage problems on the front transmission and a creeping forward issue on some rear transmissions when the forward/reverse pedal was in the neutral position.
I believe there is at least one R322T owner, on that R322T thread, that had the front transmission changed out.

I had a creeping rear transmission on one of my R322T machines, it did not worry me, but the transmission's serial number was within the range of possible problem transmissions, so I had my Husqvarna dealership change it out for me. As it turns out, the replacement transmission also creeps a little.
I've had previous garden tractors with hydro transmissions which would creep too (two- Wheel Horse 416-H).

There was some issues with broken blade brakes.
I removed the blade brake on both of my R322Ts.
The blade brakes would engage while I was using my Agri-Fab two stage snow blower, causing the drive belt to the snow blower to overheat until was smoking.
I've since sold my snow blower, and never re-installed the blade brake. My mower blades stop rotating as soon as I disengage power to the mower even without the blade brake.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #117  
Hi. I am having a significant belt issue. I have gone through 3 belts since last summer and the mower just now broke 100 hours. It is the main drive belt (I think) that gets eaten all the time (Part ID # 535 41 19-01 or 544 40 02-01 from the catalog). It is the belt from the rear to the front of the mower.

My local dealer has repeatedly said that these are bad mowers and there is no way to fix this issue. I truly believe that all they want me to do is buy a newer mower instead of fixing what I got. The problem is the next closest dealer is about an hour away and I do not have a trailer (yet).

Also, I cannot find a manual that can provide me a step-by-step of how to replace it myself.

I'm looking for any advice on what could be the problem, what to look for, or a fix will be greatly appreciated! I can no longer deal with the dealership and need to figure out how to fix the mower myself.

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #118  
Anrbob, What year is your machine??

Hi. I am having a significant belt issue. I have gone through 3 belts since last summer and the mower just now broke 100 hours. It is the main drive belt (I think) that gets eaten all the time (Part ID # 535 41 19-01 or 544 40 02-01 from the catalog). It is the belt from the rear to the front of the mower.

My local dealer has repeatedly said that these are bad mowers and there is no way to fix this issue. I truly believe that all they want me to do is buy a newer mower instead of fixing what I got. The problem is the next closest dealer is about an hour away and I do not have a trailer (yet).

Also, I cannot find a manual that can provide me a step-by-step of how to replace it myself.

I'm looking for any advice on what could be the problem, what to look for, or a fix will be greatly appreciated! I can no longer deal with the dealership and need to figure out how to fix the mower myself.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #120  
Dealers are good but why don't you just call the manufacturer. They may be able to help more than a dealer who just wants to sell a new one.