Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #81  
eric5899... Yes that helps. Thank you.

I originally thought a flail for the Rider 322T would be a good choice, because of it's maneuverability.
I wondered how well it might handle the more woody items and how the blade/knives would hold up.

Perhaps a larger flail (6 ft) for my 30 hp Kubota tractor might be more advantageous.
Not as nimble but more heavy duty.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #82  
Was at the husky dealer and noticed a new mower in the showroom. Its a Husky R322T articulated. HUSQVARNA R 322T AWD - Riders Looks pretty interesting. Has the ability to add various attachments to the front like a sweaper, snowblower and a FLAIL!!!! mower.

View attachment 271466

AWD looks sweet. Seen a few videos online and they look quite stable on hills and pretty much unstopable.

Not sure on the deck. Metal looks pretty thin (well thin compared to my BX). .

Also not sure on the Briggs 22Hp Endurance engine. I know briggs has improved, BUT... And i think Ive been spoiled by my Diesel on the BX and the Kawi L/C I had on my X540.

Price was $5900 including the 3 bladed 48" side discharge. I think a rear discharge is available which might be better for mowing around obstacles.

Ironically, in Europe they offer a "Pro" series that has stronger components and Kawasaki power, with Diesel as an option... To bad they arent offered here, Id be interested.HUSQVARNA P 524 - Front mowers

View attachment 271467

A few videos of this neat machine i came across.

Husqvarna Rider PF 21 AWD joy - YouTube

Just don't do it!!
Paid $8500.00 this spring for new, ... came incomplete, & have had to replace a drive belt, carburetor and a transmission by 20 hrs operating time. Do yourself a favour, DON"T DO IT!!

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #83  
That's terrible. Sounds like you got a lemon. Seems like the company should just give you a refund.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one?
Just don't do it!!
Paid $8500.00 this spring for new, ... came incomplete, & have had to replace a drive belt, carburetor and a transmission by 20 hrs operating time. Do yourself a favour, DON"T DO IT!!

Interesting. Your experience seems to be almost the opposite of most of the others.

Im not in the market for one anymore, I bought a Kubota Diesel ZTR, but may be interested again someday, particularly if they bring the Professional Diesel models over.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #85  
Just don't do it!!

You paid $8500 for a Husqvarna R322T ? Did you get any additional attachments ?
What conditions did you use your R322T ?
Mowing, towing ?
Hilly or flat terrain ?

I too would be very frustrated with the troubles you've experienced with your R322T.
Except for maybe the drive belt, I would think everything else would be covered by warranty.
Even so, any new machine should not have so many problems.

I have two R322T, one with 47 hrs and another with 31 hours. and have had no problems,
but would be very interested in knowing more about the problems you've had with your R322T.

Would you mind giving more details on the unfortunate issues you've had with your R322T ?
Came incomplete ? Something missing of not assembled properly ?
Replaced drive belt ? Did it break, or was it frayed or have cuts in it ?
Replaced carburetor ? Was it a starting problems, idling rough, no power ? ? ?
Replaced transmission ? Which transmission did you replace ? What symptoms did your bad transmission show ?
Did your Husqvarna dealer offer any reasons to these premature failures ?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is the first negative response I've heard from a R322T owner.

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #86  
The unit was used on about a 0.25 acre flat lawn, about every 10 days or so, when available.

I got a rotary brush attachment with the unit which came incomplete and bent, and was completed and unbent after about three months. There's was a front guard or shroud missing on arrival without which you needed eye protection to use it.

The belt was replaced under warranty. I have no idea why it broke. Neither did the dealer who replaced it. That alone took 3 weeks. My neighbour is a farmer, and he (seriously) suggested I wasn't using it hard enough,... go figure.

Re the carburetor, all of the above. As per the dealer's advice, I was running with premium gas. He has a "thing" about ethanol.

The main transmission failed because it blew a seal and I now have stripes of oil stain on my driveway, and lawn. The other transmission was not replaced, but the dealer has suggested it might have to be because it gets it's oil from the main transmission, and may also have been damaged. I didn't get an answer as to if he had checked it for damage, so I assume I'll be the one he thinks is going to test it. The symptoms, in addition to the oil leak deposits on my property, which, btw, I didn't observe because this evidence presented behind me, were that the machine stopped moving, either forward or backwards. There is no warning light or other indicator for this type of failure.

The machine has spent more time in the dealer's shop waiting for parts and repairs than in my possession, so much so that I had to purchase another (walk-behind) mower, which is doing terrible things to my arthritis. The dealer admits it's a lemon and worthy of a refund, and has referred me to Huskvarna. Huskvarna insists the dealer IS Huskvarna, and responsible for a refund, so I'm getting a lot of unwanted sex for my money. I've written a letter to Huskvarna Sweden asking for a refund, but am quite pessimistic about that avenue at the moment.

Good luck with yours
ttul

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #87  
The unit was used on about a 0.25 acre flat lawn, about every 10 days or so, when available.

I got a rotary brush attachment with the unit which came incomplete and bent, and was completed and unbent after about three months. There's was a front guard or shroud missing on arrival without which you needed eye protection to use it.

The belt was replaced under warranty. I have no idea why it broke. Neither did the dealer who replaced it. That alone took 3 weeks. My neighbour is a farmer, and he (seriously) suggested I wasn't using it hard enough,... go figure.

Re the carburetor, all of the above. As per the dealer's advice, I was running with premium gas. He has a "thing" about ethanol.

The main transmission failed because it blew a seal and I now have stripes of oil stain on my driveway, and lawn. The other transmission was not replaced, but the dealer has suggested it might have to be because it gets it's oil from the main transmission, and may also have been damaged. I didn't get an answer as to if he had checked it for damage, so I assume I'll be the one he thinks is going to test it. The symptoms, in addition to the oil leak deposits on my property, which, btw, I didn't observe because this evidence presented behind me, were that the machine stopped moving, either forward or backwards. There is no warning light or other indicator for this type of failure.

The machine has spent more time in the dealer's shop waiting for parts and repairs than in my possession, so much so that I had to purchase another (walk-behind) mower, which is doing terrible things to my arthritis. The dealer admits it's a lemon and worthy of a refund, and has referred me to Huskvarna. Huskvarna insists the dealer IS Huskvarna, and responsible for a refund, so I'm getting a lot of unwanted sex for my money. I've written a letter to Huskvarna Sweden asking for a refund, but am quite pessimistic about that avenue at the moment.

Good luck with yours
ttul

I'm so very sorry to learn of all these unfortunate problems you are having with your R322T.

Have you talked to your local Husqvarna Factory Representative ?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #88  
Yes, hereabouts, it's called a regional representative, and he's the guy that referred me back to the dealer for a refund, apparently without supporting the dealer in this regard. Huskvarna needs to get itself charitable status.
ttul

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #89  
Just don't do it!!

Why is it the ones claiming to have the most negative experience, are always the ones who claim they paid so much more than everyone else?:confused2:

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #90  
Why is it the ones claiming to have the most negative experience, are always the ones who claim they paid so much more than everyone else?:confused2:

Is this a rhetorical question?