Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Was at the husky dealer and noticed a new mower in the showroom. Its a Husky R322T articulated. HUSQVARNA R 322T AWD - Riders Looks pretty interesting. Has the ability to add various attachments to the front like a sweaper, snowblower and a FLAIL!!!! mower.

r-322t-awd-3636f2e.png

AWD looks sweet. Seen a few videos online and they look quite stable on hills and pretty much unstopable.

Not sure on the deck. Metal looks pretty thin (well thin compared to my BX). .

Also not sure on the Briggs 22Hp Endurance engine. I know briggs has improved, BUT... And i think Ive been spoiled by my Diesel on the BX and the Kawi L/C I had on my X540.

Price was $5900 including the 3 bladed 48" side discharge. I think a rear discharge is available which might be better for mowing around obstacles.

Ironically, in Europe they offer a "Pro" series that has stronger components and Kawasaki power, with Diesel as an option... To bad they arent offered here, Id be interested.HUSQVARNA P 524 - Front mowers

7bb5894f.jpg

A few videos of this neat machine i came across.

Husqvarna Rider PF 21 AWD joy - YouTube

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #5  
I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow and I ordered it about a month ago.
They had some delivered stateside but it's been "stuck" getting modified / approved for emissions.

As a Swede coming to the US I was surprised to find that there's hardly any tractors with a front mounted deck,
(counts for +70% of sales in Swe) so when Husky launched theirs over here I jumped at the chance.

The engine in the 322 is the same as in the Euro 422 which is a commercial grade machine whith a $14K
price tag so I'm not worried about lifespan around my yard.

What is disappointing is the side discharge, most data online seem to indicate that you'd get a bioclip/rear discharge deck
and that's what I'm used to.... so if the deck doesn't convert into a bio/rear deck then I'd be forced to complain as their
datasheet says otherwise.

// mrM

Interesting Saab. I thought they had the Bio-Clip as well. I was a bit surprised to see the showroom model with the side discharge.

Do post up a thread when you get yours up and running. Like you, I cant believe these mowers dont sell here. I guess its fear of the unknown?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #7  
Well....

I've had mine for a bit over a month and used it a couple of times by now
so I'm feeling comfortable giving an relatively unbiased "review".

First off... if you're about to order one, don't make the same mistake I did
and just tell the store to go ahead and order one assuming you'll get the one
that all the information online is talking about (bioclip that is). You'll get the
side discharge deck which is the standard deck and apparently the only one
you can order (at least the only one with a part number in their sales material).
Yet none of the "features" listed online are optional except the combi deck....
http://www.husqvarnaretailer.com/PrintCreator/PCProductSheet/hq/451145/HEN2012-451145.pdf

Apart from the ordering mishap and an issue where the "brake" for the blades
fell off after the first time I used it, it's a very nice machine. Traction is
phenomenal, stability is great, feels very solid. A bit rough to start but I have a
Honda engine fetish so I guess I'm just spoiled.

I wish they had put on some kind of steering damper or servo because it's direct-wire
system is a bit rough on your wrists if you're using it on an uneven surface
as it tends to twist / yank the steering wheel as you go over bumps and rots.

Blades seem a bit "soft", I haven't tried to mow a gravel driveway and they still look
like I just did after only a months usage (probably cut the grass 5-6 times during that time).

//M

Interesting reply. I hope youll continue to post your experiences.

I know what you mean about honda small engines, theyre hard to beat. Is your dealer working to find you a bioclip, or has he given up because there is no part number?

/ Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good? Got one? #9  
Husqvarna R 322T AWD
I’ve had this mower for about two month's I’m impressed with it. Has anyone used the flail mower for lawn? On YouTube all I see them use the Flail mower for is a tall grass. Does it do a good job on lawn?

Husqvarna R 322T AWD
I’ve had this mower for about two month's I’m impressed with it. Has anyone used the flail mower for lawn? On YouTube all I see them use the Flail mower for is a tall grass. Does it do a good job on lawn?

In general, flail mowers can cut lawn quite well with the proper grass blades. I believe the Husquvarna flail is a rebranded German Muething mower. If thats the case it probably is a quality unit because Muething has a good reputation (and makes HD industrial flails)

I doubt you'll find anyone here who has a flail on a Husky Artic though. The Huskys are quite rare over here in North America even with the rotary deck; one with the expensive flail would be doubly rare. And that assumes that the flail is even available here. Many accessories that are listed for the mower seem to be Euro only, like the BioClip deck, as discussed in this thread.