What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader")

/ What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader") #1  

tpetty

Since I bought a new Kubota 4240 this spring, I really don't need the Johnny Bucket Sr loader on my garden tractor anymore. It has the tooth bar as well, which I used once. Works good as new, but paint isn't new anymore.

These will fit a large variety of larger size garden tractors -- mine is a John Deere X445. This setup costs about $1700 new :

Johnny Bucket Sr. John Deere 300-400 series

Could be shipped on a pallet. Photo is stock, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any idea of the market for this? What do these go for used? I think I'll list it for sale on a couple websites, but don't know what to realistically ask/expect. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 6,031
   / What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader") #2  
Have never seen one of those buckets although I do have a 318 Deere...you don't mention the age and is the picture a true representation? All hydraulics included and the toothbar too? What was it used to move, dirt, sod, gravel, rocks, horsepoo, etc? So it cost $1700 new? What does it cost new today? My dad told me one time that no matter how good something looked if it was USED, no matter if an hour or two, never pay more than 50% of the cost new. Meaning if the same item brand new today cost 2 grand, you can reasonably expect to get half that, if in very good condition, with somewhat more if it looks nearly new.

/ What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader")
Probably around 5 years old - I don't remember exactly. Hydraulic lines are with it. Picture is representative except the shiny new yellow paint. Used it for general wheel barrel type stuff and to blade snow off the driveway. $1700 is today's price -- I think I paid about $1500.

/ What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader") #4  
If not dented or dinged...ask for $950 to start....might want to check Ebay to see if they have anything comparable.

Thanks for the opinion. I checked ebay and craigslist, don't see anything comparable. I put a $700 price on it. I just want to get rid of it. If anyone has sold one of these, please chime in so I can see what the market bears.

/ What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader") #6  
Still for sale?
Smiley

/ What's it worth? Johnny Bucket Sr (garden tractor "loader") #7  
Have you still got the Johnny bucket? I'm looking for one. I have a JD140H3 and it's supposed to fit.

SOLD. Thanks.