Replacement engine for Onan P220G

/ Replacement engine for Onan P220G #1  

Rusty

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500HSD-R
Does anyone have experience buying a complete engine from the Small Engine Warehouse? I am looking to buy a 10955-LX790-P220G 20 HP twin cylinder Onan engine, with two year warranty, for $1,275. The engine will replace the engine in my 1992 Toro/Wheelhorse 520-H garden tractor. Does a "complete" engine include all engine-mounted items, except the muffler? Thanks in advance, for any help that you can provide!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Replacement engine for Onan P220G #2  
Rusty, I just got done replacing the old Kohler MV20 on my Ransome with an Onan P224V from Small Engine for considerably less $$ ($400 - $500) than if I had stayed with Kohler. I did not have one problem with it and would not hesitate to buy another from them if needed! Of course, changing engine makes I ran into some other issues, but the engine from SEW was not one of them. It came with everything except a muffler. It did have manifold pipes, 1 for each cylinder, but no mufflers - I cut these off, welded on a couple of female pipe connectors, and screwed in two $6 mufflers from NAPA. Dual exhaust sounds pretty cool too! Just make sure the output shaft is the proper size, both diameter and length, for your application.