Yard Machine Owners?

/ Yard Machine Owners? #1  

mathey

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Someone gave me a Yard Machine 18hp/46" hydro tractor. There is a spring that is loose underneath and i cannot determine where it belongs. Can any owners help me figure this out?

Thanks

/ Yard Machine Owners? #3  
logo.gif

Yard Man Owner’s Manual On-line

Just enter your Model # and Serial # for your PDF manual...

(or let me know and I'll scan a pix for ya)

/ Yard Machine Owners?
I tried the site, it only has the owners manual, which i have and doesn't help much...

this is a smaller spring, not the huge one that hooks to the piece of metal that hangs down under the axle, on the right side. I think this attaches to one of the pulley assemblies on top of the deck but not sure where the other end belongs.

Model number 13B-S-699-H-088

I tried hooking the spring to where the larger one hooks, but it just made it so that the mower would never turn off.

/ Yard Machine Owners? #5  
I have my manual at the shop and won't be until tomorrow, I can get to it... but the parts breakdown is in the back of the owner's manual... Why don't you have that?

/ Yard Machine Owners?
I have the "Owners Guide" (Form 770-8253M) which is 20 pages...no parts breakdown at all

/ Yard Machine Owners? #7  
Ok, let see if I got this right. Used mower, one spring loose underneath. Now by loose, do you mean it just hanging there by one end of the spring? I am also asumeing that the spring is not busted? To find out where it goes, look for the clean/worn spots. The loose end of the spring will have a mark from where it was attached. Is the attached part of the spring fixed, or is it on a moveable? I am assumeing it's fixed. Look around under the mower for a pully, linkedge, lever, any thing that the spring would put force into. If you see a hole in the bracket, check it agenst the mark on the spring. Things get worn, and they will fit together the way they always have. Also look for clean aeras. Most dirt will come from under. Look for any clean aeras that match the spring.

Mostly you just have to let the mechine "talk" to you. It was together once before, follow the clues, and it will tell you how it goes back. Good luck.