Garden plowing with a winch

/ Garden plowing with a winch #2  
why would you put up a link and hide the url? The property show this: //api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=a6c73c8a58f6c5d5816e8336c8228973 which is an affiliate site.....WHAT UP MAN!!

/ Garden plowing with a winch #3  

These links go to Russian-language videos that seem pretty innocent. Maybe the funky links are mis-rendered Unicode?

In the 1970s there were some interesting articles in Popular Mechanics on "appropriate technology" for developing countries (still called them the "Third World" back then) including this kind of winch plow. Other ideas included solar ovens, for example. Maybe some Russian entrepreneur is testing the market?

/ Garden plowing with a winch
Apparently TBN doesn't recognize the Russian fonts so it substitutes nonsense for the title. I'll try this:

I thought it was interesting to see people using a portable winch instead of a tractor to pull implements.

Bruce

/ Garden plowing with a winch
TBN will only allow one video per post.

This shows it being used in a small part of a large field, probably as a demonstration.

Bruce

/ Garden plowing with a winch #6  
Apparently TBN doesn't recognize the Russian fonts so it substitutes nonsense for the title. I'll try this:

I thought it was interesting to see people using a portable winch instead of a tractor to pull implements.

Bruce

It seems to work pretty well. I dug a trench using the trencher on my Power Trac. I had to really load the wheel motors to pull the trencher. After I was done I thought it would be better to let the winch on the back pull me.

/ Garden plowing with a winch #7  
I like the 3 wheeler version better :thumbsup: