I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight?

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight? #1  

hodge

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 John Deere 790
I have a single cylinder engine that I pulled off of an old military compressor tank. It has a Fairbanks Morse magneto on it, but no other identifying marks, other than some letters cast into the block. I posted a similar question on another forum, and the consensus is that it is a Wisconsin, but I haven't found any further or more detailed information. I know that it takes time, and others will respond. But, I also want to tap into the knowledge on this forum. So, any insight or direction that you can give me would be great!
It spins freely, and is in great shape, other than some rust in the bottom of the flywheel shroud. There were mouse nests in there, so I assume that pee did the damage.
005.jpg photo by br549_red | Photobucket
004.jpg photo by br549_red | Photobucket
003-1.jpg photo by br549_red | Photobucket
Mark

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight? #2  
Looks to be a Wisconsin Axx series. What is the numbers on the mag. Fairbanks used a special model on the Wisconsin Engines.

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight? #3  
It's probably military with the shielded ignition.
Dale

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight? #4  
Looks to be a Wisconsin Axx series. What is the numbers on the mag. Fairbanks used a special model on the Wisconsin Engines.

Funny, looking at the pics I came to similar conclusion.
I thought Wisconsin ACN as I used to have one, remember it was rated at 6 HP at a low RPM unlike others that get the HP by revving in the 3000 range and self destruct, LOL

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight? #5  
I'm thinking AEN.

/ I'm trying to identify a small engine- any insight?