Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question

/ Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question #1  

855atty

Tractor
JD855
Hey everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
My year is starting out with a dead b & s 21 hp pro series in a 42" deck BAD BOY ztr mower. The battery is 100% according to my charger, but it won't even click like a relay wasn't closing. It just clicks at the ignition. This mower sits out in the weather [in hot, humid south florida] and has had "stuck" seat interlock as well as parking lock problem. i spray those connections with electronic cleaner spray and it usually starts, until today. NOTHING. The mower is three years old; the motor is a model 33m777-0116-g1. the operators manual is not much help. is there a work around other than replacing switches?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. THANKS!

/ Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question #2  
Hi! First Try to turn engine by hands if you can. If engine turn. Remove battery connectors at post Clean and remove all dirty as glaze .Connectors and posts must be brights. Bolts must be tights If nothing . Check all interlocks. Seat Pto Neutral switch etc..
Be careful . Can be dangerous Put hand brake. May be you can to try start directly at starter from solenoid with screwdriver. If engine turn Starter is good. They are a process for check interlock switchs. We bypass the interlock by a test wire with two alligators . Good luck! Oldmech

/ Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question
Thanks oldmech!
the motor turns by hand--i'm going to try the ols screwdriver jump in a little while. i'll let you know!

/ Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question #4  
With ign off, jump directly from the battery to the start lug on the starter. and see if the engine motors over.

With switch on, do the same thing, and see if the engine starts.

If the starter tries to turn, and does not, then the valves need to be re-set. You are building to much pressure for the starter to overcome the compression .

/ Briggs 21 hp vertical shaft question #5  
Hi! If you have Jump cable. Try boost battery with a good one . I think your tractor battery is over 3 years for these battery is old. A battery can have a good voltage but cannot turn engine. No amps .Good luck Oldmech