Need Help new ZTR??

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #11  
Thank you Murphy, have you got experience with either one if you do what would your choice be?
94bullitt I would love to get a Kubota but I only have one dealer nearby and got some prices but not on what I want and If it's a hassle to buy you bet there service sucks then when you need it.
Yelbike Same thing with John deere we have a John Deere dealer that took over almost our whole part where I live and surrounding area and they want close same price for a mower that is residential and only has a briggs and stratton. I really appreciate everyone responses, Thank you!!

Ryan
RDKLawn,

I may be a "little" biased since I just bought one myself this past fall(my first Zero Turn), but I highly recommend that you give a good look at the Gravely Pro-Turn 152 XDZ. Be sure to compare it's "features" apple-to-apple to some of the others you mentioned(like 3yr Consumer/2yr Commercial Warrany; cast-iron spindle housings w/3yr warranty-is better than aluminum housings; 7-gauge lifetime warrany deck; FX series-Commercial Kawasaki engine versus FR-residential or FS-Heavy Duty series; full suspension seat). I looked at a BUNCH of ZTR's(and I too was looking for an "entry-level Commercial") and made offers on a Hustler Fastrak Super Duty, Bad Boy Outlaw and Dixon DX152. I looked at many others, including John Deere, Toro and Cub Cadet. But when I compared "everything" on all these ZTR's.....the Gravely kept coming out on top(especially the price for the quality). Best of luck choosing the ZTR that's right for you and I hope this info encourages you to take a real close look at the Gravely(I've never looked back and although I've only got 6 hours on my 152 I am certain it will "outlast me").

/ Need Help new ZTR??
RDKLawn,

I may be a "little" biased since I just bought one myself this past fall(my first Zero Turn), but I highly recommend that you give a good look at the Gravely Pro-Turn 152 XDZ. Be sure to compare it's "features" apple-to-apple to some of the others you mentioned(like 3yr Consumer/2yr Commercial Warrany; cast-iron spindle housings w/3yr warranty-is better than aluminum housings; 7-gauge lifetime warrany deck; FX series-Commercial Kawasaki engine versus FR-residential or FS-Heavy Duty series; full suspension seat). I looked at a BUNCH of ZTR's(and I too was looking for an "entry-level Commercial") and made offers on a Hustler Fastrak Super Duty, Bad Boy Outlaw and Dixon DX152. I looked at many others, including John Deere, Toro and Cub Cadet. But when I compared "everything" on all these ZTR's.....the Gravely kept coming out on top(especially the price for the quality). Best of luck choosing the ZTR that's right for you and I hope this info encourages you to take a real close look at the Gravely(I've never looked back and although I've only got 6 hours on my 152 I am certain it will "outlast me").

Hi Djdicetn, I have looked at alot of mower myself and weed some out like hustler due to fact of dealer I bought a snapper from them last year and people must have been messing with self propel handle with not running and screwed and it up I took it in for them to fix iot under warranty and they didn't want to fix it right so I ended up spending another $100.00 on the mower and fixed it myself, and I don't want to have a $5000-$7000 dollar item and have trouble get warranty done on it he also sells Dixon. Also my other dealer that sells Kubota and Badboy I can't even get prices out of them for the mower I want and same goes for John Deere dealer here, If I can't even get good service to buy I can't imagine how service would be for fixing a mower. With all that being said I bought Stihl equipment from my Gravely dealer and there very professional and have been in business for a long time and I know there not going no where. I really appreciate your input. How do you like your Gravely? Does the hydraulics seem strong? Motor seem to have enough HP? Are the hydraulics sloppy at all? Thank you again!!

Ryan

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #13  
Check out the Ferris IS2000z and the Hercules spindles it comes with. These are greasable as where others are not and they are quite a bit more robust. I also wanted to add, the independent suspension on this machine makes for a really nice ride and no worries about cracking any welds due to jostling around.

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #14  
Check out the Ferris IS2000z and the Hercules spindles it comes with. These are greasable as where others are not and they are quite a bit more robust. I also wanted to add, the independent suspension on this machine makes for a really nice ride and no worries about cracking any welds due to jostling around.

I like the Ferris too, best ride while cutting.

/ Need Help new ZTR??

PhilY, I appreciate it looking at the Ferris IS2000z with 52" only come with aluminum spindles that are greasable and the 61" has the cast iron greasable, and actually have to go up IS3100Z to get the real Hercules Cast iron spindles which only come in 61" and 72" which is way to big for me and probablly not affordable. Also another thing that scares me is the independent suspension due to more moving parts that will eventually wear out and have more of a cost factor but I will say I'm not totally against Ferris. Also I'm hoping get time to talk to my Ferris dealer on price of a Snapper Pro which Snapper actually makes Ferris and see price the difference. Thank you for your input I see that you have a Ferris IS2000Z how do you like it?

Ryan

/ Need Help new ZTR??
Thank you Murphy!!

Ryan

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #17  
Hi, I am looking to buy a new ZTR mower to mow about 5 acres a week. Right now have a Husqvarna Tractor 2454 54" deck not a bad mower but would like to get a entry level commercial ZTR and there are so many out there. I have been looking at the engines and transmissions and warranty but is there any big differences in deck spindles or all of them about the same or any other that i'm over looking. Any input will be appreciated!! I kinda narrowed it down to the following mowers:

Gravely Pro turn 52 (2013 first season for them they are between the ZTHD and pro turn 100) Hydro Gear ZT-3200 exclusive for Gravely Kawasaki FS Series

Gravely Pro turn 152 Hydro gear ZT-3400 Kawasaki FX Series

Dixie Chopper Magnum 52 either 2250 or (2350EFI Kohler EFI) Hydro Gear ZT-3400 Kawasaki FS Series

Exmark Pioneer S 52 Kohler or 48 Kawasaki Hydro Gear ZT-3100 Kawasaki FX Series Kohler Command Pro

Exmark Lazer Z E 52 Kawasaki Parker unitized pump and motor exclusive for exmark similar to Hydro Gear ZT-3400 I believe Kawasaki FX Series

Ferris IS700Z 52 Kawasaki Hydro Gear ZT-3400 Kawasaki FS Series

They are all nice.

We ran up on a 60" 27 HP Swisher ZTR with just under 30 hours on the machine that was bought new that same year $2200 which was less than half of what he paid for it. It is not really anything to write home about but if you run it off in a deep ditch with the deck running it will cut the belt when it runs off the drive pulley. :laughing:

While we mow several acres for hauling and getting into tight places I would be happy with a 52" cut.

If you really want a commercial grade I think they start at around $7K locally.

Some of our mowing is at tad to steep for a ZTR but we are learning how to keep it out of ditches better. When they spin on a hill side gravity reminds you he is still for real. :)

We just use the backhoe and a chain for the recovery and I make the one that puts it in the ditch operate the backhoe to kill two birds with one stone.:thumbsup:

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #18  
I have a Scag Wildcat and it is great. All of the commercial grade ZTRs I looked at had greaseable spindles.

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #19  
Hi Djdicetn, I have looked at alot of mower myself and weed some out like hustler due to fact of dealer I bought a snapper from them last year and people must have been messing with self propel handle with not running and screwed and it up I took it in for them to fix iot under warranty and they didn't want to fix it right so I ended up spending another $100.00 on the mower and fixed it myself, and I don't want to have a $5000-$7000 dollar item and have trouble get warranty done on it he also sells Dixon. Also my other dealer that sells Kubota and Badboy I can't even get prices out of them for the mower I want and same goes for John Deere dealer here, If I can't even get good service to buy I can't imagine how service would be for fixing a mower. With all that being said I bought Stihl equipment from my Gravely dealer and there very professional and have been in business for a long time and I know there not going no where. I really appreciate your input. How do you like your Gravely? Does the hydraulics seem strong? Motor seem to have enough HP? Are the hydraulics sloppy at all? Thank you again!!

Ryan

I wasn't there when you visited the Deere dealer but sometimes a sales guy might have an off day, I know I do from time to time. Contact Deere corporate through their website. I used it a couple of times and received my answer the next day.
I don't know which Deere mower you were looking at, I have the Z465, earlier version had Kawasaki engine, no complaints from me. Super fast, bumpy on rough terrain, but I think most will be like that anyways. I wouldn't be scared of the new Briggs engine. Most engine manufacturers have different lines of engines, plus I would guess the engines are built directly to Deere's specifications. JMHO.

/ Need Help new ZTR?? #20  
SCAG I own 2 with 0 problems run them everyday with 1100hrs on 1 and 700hrs on the other and about to buy a third.

With whatever mower you decide make sure you get it with a Kawasaki. Or a diesel.