Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #31  
Sunday afternoon I stopped by Lowes and looked at one. It looked good, but I wonder about all the electric motors and batteries. They could real expensive when the warranty expires.

This is my concern also. I called them and they said the 48v battery pack should be 100 or under.
But it is easy to say when you don't have it for sale yet. They are going to get back with me on the cost of the electric mower deck motor cost.
The Lowes extended warranty does not cover the 48v battery pack except maybe 25% of the cost with their approval. I got a refund on my extended warranty.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #32  
That is a Bolens hydrostatic (newish) rearend Model H11XL

My Kubota lawn tractors have pretty substantial rearends too,

What kind of batteries does it take?
If it could take 4 motorcycle batteries, then it wouldn't be too bad.
Lithium batteries get expensive quickly.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #33  
They are really not competing against Kubota they are not the same price range.
Upper end MTD style mowers are what they are competing against and those don't pull 550lbs or more weight very well. With a new model there are a lot of unknowns at this point.
It takes four lead acid batteries for the 48v pack and one small 12v to start the motor.

Last edited:
   / Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #34  
I saw $3k....they may have had some shipping issues ?...does not say not available in stores?

I stopped by my local lowes yesterday to see if they had any, and they did. They were all in the back of the store because they couldn't sell them. I was told by the salesman there is a recall on them. He didn't say what exactly, but that it was something minor. Maybe trying to downplay it?? He said they were $3k too. They hope to have the recall straightened out soon so they can go back on sale.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #35  
I sure would like to know how this thing would handle slopes. I haven't been able to find any definitive information about that.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #36  
I sure would like to know how this thing would handle slopes. I haven't been able to find any definitive information about that.

It appears to be 2WD.
A little more weight over the tires would help (as demonstrated by the towing demo), as would suspension on all 4 wheels, but I have no doubt it would be plagued by the feeling of being off balance that most lawn tractors have, and the tires would eventually break loose. It could certainly use a more aggressive tread option.

I'm thinking a zero-turn, perhaps with 4x4 would be the way to go for hillsides.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #37  
If this had a rear diff lock at least I would have been all over it.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #38  
I like the concept, but how many hr's is the generator rated for? Is it going to need replacing after a few hundred hr's?

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #39  
I stopped by my local lowes yesterday to see if they had any, and they did. They were all in the back of the store because they couldn't sell them. I was told by the salesman there is a recall on them. He didn't say what exactly, but that it was something minor. Maybe trying to downplay it?? He said they were $3k too. They hope to have the recall straightened out soon so they can go back on sale.

The recal was on the saftey switch, it sits under the chair and was bending really easy, The company went out and replaced the switches and should be fine now.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #40  
The recall took too long I bailed. I will wait until next year when the add 240v to the generator.