Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #81  
I think they would be a cool toy if they actually function well.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #83  
I think they would be a cool toy if they actually function well.
Its worth having around because it is zero maintenance, no storage issues. It will tell which way and approx how much current flows without fail every time you take it out of its cubby hole. Overcurrent causes no damage. I have started my car with my +-60A on the cable and it just pegged discharge and then flipped back to show charge after starting.

induction ammeters

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #84  
I was talking about the mower.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #85  
Muddin with the Raven. Raven mudding.JPG

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #86  
I believe I've made up my mind, and when the cards are face up - here's how things look: retail price, $2999.00, minus 10% veterans discount, minus credit card 5% cash back on seasonal savings promo, minus special cash back bonus of $100 when you make at least $1,000 in purchases. Unless my math is wrong, I should be able to own a Raven for, $2464.15 - no sales tax in Oregon.

Considering the above, it may be to my advantage to throw in an extended service plan.

I'll be going to look at a Raven in the coming days. Our local store has one floor model on display, but none ready to buy.

I've done lots of research on the machine, read many blogs, opinions were informed, uninformed, ignorant, stupid, helpful.

The first thing attracting me to it was the front suspension. No ordinary mower would hold up on the terrain I have. This looks very durable, and mechanically easy to maintain. We'll see about the electronics. I'm not worried though. On one website I read many comments on it from the brother of the man who designed it. The Raven is not a pile of Chinese junk. However, there have been multiple problems with the seat switch, and one or two reports of blades spinning when they weren't electronically engaged.

With this machines 46" deck, I'll be able to go into places too small for my bush hog. Not only that, it will take over some of those areas I am maintaining with my DR walk behind, field and brush mower, 24" deck, and fairly slow. My other mower is a Neuton battery powered mower, 19" cut, very versatile; bags, mulches, side-discharge, trimmer attachment - non self-propelled, not quite high enough for my property, and quite heavy, due to the battery.

I'll try one, and if I don't like it, I've read how Lowes honors their return policy. However, I think this will be ideal on my ten acre parcel. The versatility of being able to tow a small trailer, mow grass, generate 7000 watts of electricity, and travel at up to17 mph is very appealing.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #87  
If it had 220v out as an option, we would probbaly be very interested in it. It would be good for small areas around the house and running things out back.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #88  
If it had 220v out as an option, we would probbaly be very interested in it. It would be good for small areas around the house and running things out back.

Aaron Z

I've read you can use a step up transformer to use 220v equipment.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #89  
   / Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #90  
They are back on sale. Lowes at Bellingham, WA three grand. Check out youtube. Some great videos. I prefer the honesty on the private user videos instead of the corporate sales videos. I may wait till next year. I like the idea of being to "drive around" a 7,000 watt generater. Also I wonder how they work on hilly countryside. Something that is important for the pacific north west.